Build Recommendations?

Evening all,

I was thinking of putting together a new computer sometime around Easter 2021 and I’ve come up with a build which I think will serve my needs nicely. My budget is probably around £1200. I already have a rig which was built for me however that was several years ago and I’m looking to build my own using mid-range components which will cope comfortably with playing older games such as Star Wars: The Old Republic at 1440p at around 140 FPS.

My build is as follows:
CPU: i5-10600K,
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax,
Motherboard: MSI Z490 Tomahawk,
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz,
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVMe SSD,
GPU: MSI RTX 3060TI Gaming X Trio,
PSU: Corsair RM650W,
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2.

Is there anything you would consider changing with this build? I wasn’t too sure on storage so I went with a brand I recognise as reliable, and I’m similarly unsure about my choice of PSU - for that I followed the PSU tier list floating about on the web.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for reading!

Soldato
You should probably come back closer to Easter to create a build.
Intel will have launched a new CPU by then.
AMD stock situation may be better on the Ryzen 5000 series with the cheaper non x parts being released.
Nvidia may have some new Ampere cards launched.
The RX 6700 may be out by then.

Depending on which AMD CPU you pick you may not need a CPU cooler.
From what I remember Samsung, WD, Crucial and Sabrent are good SSDs. (Could someone confirm this please.)

Associate
OP
Sounds like you want something beefy and designed to last...
Have you considered using Ryzen instead? 16gb RAM is fine for now, but why not opt for 32gb with a build like this?

Good suggestion. To be honest, the only thing stopping me from going AMD is having to update the BIOS, as I would be somewhat uncomfortable with doing it since it’s my first PC build. Probably a silly reason, I know, but that’s how I feel.

I may go for 32GB of RAM, there’s no reason not to I suppose.

Associate
OP
You should probably come back closer to Easter to create a build.
Intel will have launched a new CPU by then.
AMD stock situation may be better on the Ryzen 5000 series with the cheaper non x parts being released.
Nvidia may have some new Ampere cards launched.
The RX 6700 may be out by then.

Depending on which AMD CPU you pick you may not need a CPU cooler.
From what I remember Samsung, WD, Crucial and Sabrent are good SSDs. (Could someone confirm this please.)

Good calls. I wasn’t aware of the new Intel CPUs. I may as well wait for them since I can get PCIe 4.0 support.

Back
Top Bottom