building a Gaming Pc

Associate
OP
Ok, so i just had a look and yanked out what looked similar to the red cable, but it was a single flat cable and on the plug thingy it said ATA, is this the right thing or should i be looking to spend an extra £15 on a dvd rw, also it has a seagate barracuda 250gb in there, would i be able to put this in with the 1tb just for that little bit extra or would i be better off leaving it?

serial-ata-cables.jpg

Similar to that.

Associate
OP
i didnt really look at it but i think it was the same.

it also had a some small cpu cooler on there, does the i5 come with one or will i be looking to reuse that to?

Last edited:
Caporegime
it also had a some small cpu cooler on there, does the i5 come with one or will i be looking to reuse that to?

The retail CPU comes with a new heatsink with thermal paste already applied.

I have been looking around at some other build ideas, and im wondering what would be a better graphics card and motherboard, the ones i have chosen or these?

The Gigabyte board you had previously is better.

The 6950 is a better card than the GTX560ti, but then it does cost more - http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/293?vs=330

Associate
OP
Ok thanks, i was going to go for the Gigabyte 560ti which is £199, but the 6950 is only £5 more right now so i think i might go for that. + i get 2 games id be more interested in with it ^.^

Back
Top Bottom