Building a PC for my Nan

Associate
Hey, I am looking to build a PC for my nan and I would like other peoples input.

She uses it purely for browsing the web and sending emails. Her budget is £400

This is what I've come with, don't know if someone with more experience can come up with a better rig.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £393.24 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Associate
You could make a good £80+ saving by ditching the nve drive and just getting a Kingston 480gb ssd.
10+ quid saving by getting 1x8gb 3000mhz
10 quid saving by getting a corsair 450watt psu.

That's atleast 100 quid knocked off.

Associate
It seems massive overkill just for some web browsing, but if the money is there to be spent! The only glaring weakness is the power supply, which admittedly will be fine for such a low powered system. However the ram, apu and ssd are all of a much higher calibre than both the case and the psu.

Caporegime
Normally I'd agree but it depends on how much time you intend staying there/visiting. My mother's PC is way more than sufficient for her needs. It fits quite well with mine though. ;)
Haha, I can see it now. “What’s that mum, you wanna play Sun bingo? Well all those boxes and balls are very demanding. May I suggest an MSI 2080Ti lightning? What’s your debit card number?”

Associate
Are you building the pc for the fun of building? because internet browsing and email can easily be done on an under £100 refurb possibly with peripherals. Stick in a ssd boot drive which you could probably get for <£45 and she will be good until she... joins the pc master race

Back
Top Bottom