Building new pc please help me spec:

Associate
Hi, ive been out of the game a good 5 years and I am looking to build a new system. It will be used primarily for gaming @4k, overclocking (oc :D) and to help with work brought home from my computer course I'm doing at uni.

It doesn't have to be a beast but pretty snappy @4k gaming. My budget is not set in stone, will be around the £800 mark but no more than £900.

Thank you in advance, any advice is welcomed.

Soldato
Hi, ive been out of the game a good 5 years and I am looking to build a new system. It will be used primarily for gaming @4k, overclocking (oc :D) and to help with work brought home from my computer course I'm doing at uni.

It doesn't have to be a beast but pretty snappy @4k gaming. My budget is not set in stone, will be around the £800 mark but no more than £900.

Thank you in advance, any advice is welcomed.

What workload will you be doing on top of gaming ?

You won't be 4k gaming at that budget - not snappy anyway - should get away with low graphics and under 30fps in some titles of your lucky .

If you require a 4k screen for workload then great, just game at 1080p or 1440p.

Just about - 1440p 60hz or 1080p 100hz+ gaming

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £894.88 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What workload will you be doing on top of gaming ?

You won't be 4k gaming at that budget - not snappy anyway - should get away with low graphics and under 30fps in some titles of your lucky .

If you require a 4k screen for workload then great, just game at 1080p or 1440p.

Just about - 1440p 60hz or 1080p 100hz+ gaming

Total: £894.88 (includes shipping: £0.00)
Hi thanks for the spec. Can I just ask. Why is the AMD Ryzen being advised over Intel now? I have never had A AMD system before what will the OC be like to do? Also could you spec me something that will run @4k plus the monitor or tv added in? Regarding the uni work I wont know till I start next month. Could you also spec in a aftermarket cooler as I will defiantly be overclocking or playing around with it.

Many thanks.

Soldato
Hi thanks for the spec. Can I just ask. Why is the AMD Ryzen being advised over Intel now? I have never had A AMD system before what will the OC be like to do? Also could you spec me something that will run @4k plus the monitor or tv added in? Regarding the uni work I wont know till I start next month. Could you also spec in a aftermarket cooler as I will defiantly be overclocking or playing around with it.

Many thanks.

Good value for money and shelf life .
More people buy into amd, more intel needs to sort out its act

Soldato

Many thanks.

Would personally do this over 4k

Total: £850.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Associate
OP
Would personally do this over 4k

Total: £850.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)
Thank you I have now bought the these two. I've also bought the Team Group 480GB SSD and the 1TB p300 HDD. I'd really prefer to stay intel so if you could help me spec the RAM MB and CPU (i5 with overclocking in mind) and a decent aftermarket H+F id be great full.

Soldato
Thank you I have now bought the these two. I've also bought the Team Group 480GB SSD and the 1TB p300 HDD. I'd really prefer to stay intel so if you could help me spec the RAM MB and CPU (i5 with overclocking in mind) and a decent aftermarket H+F id be great full.

Total: £776.42 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Want to keep costs down

Total: £611.42 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Also , reason why I listed non G-sync 1440p 134hz monitor.. it's £200+ cheaper ...

Soldato
Out of interest, from your initial budget of £8-900, what have you spent so far, and what hardware have you got left to buy?

Back
Top Bottom