Building New PC – What/How Many Case Fans should I use?

Associate
Hey guys,

I'm wondering what computer case fan to buy for my Realan E-W80 case. I was wondering if one product is better than another and I am open to recommendations. I'm not particularly fussed about noise, all I want is decent cooling.

Oh and I nearly forgot, if anyone has an idea of how much benefit the fans will be to cooling my components and whether or not it is worth buying ,that would be great

Thanks in advance

more information about the case: http://www.minicase.net/product_E-W80.html

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Apparently that case can fit one or two 60x60x10mm case fans.

As for benefit, a fairly good test is to monitor temps with the case open and then the case shut. Run some sort of benchmark/stress test. If there's quite a bit of difference, then it indicates fans should have some impact.

As for them being worth buying - if the CPU/other components are within safe temps then there's not much point. If I saw 60C or over without fans then I'd probably get some, just to make sure temps wouldn't rocket up under worst case scenario (warm weather + some program with AVX instructions, etc). Not that anything would happen other than the CPU would throttle speed at some point (usually 100C but depends on the particular chip).

Do you already have a CPU cooler (is that it in those pics) and are asking about extra case fans, or are you asking about both the CPU cooler and case fans?

Which CPU do you have?

Apart from the CPU cooler you shouldn't need any. I have had a HTPC in an Antec 110 for 6 years, which is smaller than that case, and it is fine with just a CPU cooler, though don't go overclocking it or anything!! As mentioned though, depends on the CPU and planned use.

DmsohpN.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom