I want to build an AMD system, £150 or less for Motherboard, Processor and RAM

Need to support DDR3 RAM
Multicore processor [AM3] including Phenom
Many USB and SATA
enough PCI,
PCI-express for graphics card
ATX sized motherboard

possibly one which allows unlocking of additional cores on processors
RAM, at least 2GB per module - twinned and DDR3 and to support 16GB of RAM on board or more

preferably without onboard graphics and networking if that reduces cost [as have cards already for these]

reliable motherboard manufacturer [just tried 2 ASRock Boards and both were faulty on arrival] was told ASUS and Gigabyte are the best so may try one of these.

USB 3 support would be great

I have a 450 Watt power supply [happy to upgrade]
Sapphire HD5450 1GB PCI graphics card
ATX case [Jeantech Unicorn]
hard drives [IDE x1] and SATA
DVD-RW drive [SATA]
19 inch TFT screen
Gigabyte networking card [TP link]
bought wireless card [PCI/PCI-E need to check]
components going to get rid of

AM2 socket Athlon 64 XII 4800+ Brisbane
2*1GB of DDR 2 kingston RAM

Associate
ok just a heads up dont link to compeptators or the mods will be on your back :)
as for what your looking for what will the machine be used for and do you only want a spec for mobo, ram, processor?
edit:
and i think this is in the wrong section mate should be in general hardwere ? i mite be wrong

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks

it was in the right section, I was looking for a motherboard first of all - I spent a bit more than I wanted to and got a really nice ASUS board, supports 16GB DDR3 [got 8GB [2GB*4] of Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz for £60

the motherboard is the ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 - lots of features :) for £66 from Crescent Electronics

Motherboard unlocks quadcore processors to hexcore so got an AM3 socket AMD Phenom X4 840

and bought a 66CFM 120mm case fan to keep it cool,

Back
Top Bottom