1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Builkding PC into AV unit

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by stuman, Dec 6, 2018.

1. stuman

Wise Guy

Hi All,

looking to migrate my pc into my AV unit under the telly.

Currently the kit resides in a Fractal R6 mini. I don't really want to destroy the case as I might in the future stick it else where. I have had a look around for a suitable mounting solution to hold the motherboard graphics etc in place and get close with mining frames but they are always 2 layers high to accommodate 4+ GPU's. I may have to resort into buying one and getting choppy with a hacksaw..

That is unless one of you clever folk know of an available product that would cover what I need?

2. andy_mk3

Sgarrista

Something like a Silverstone ML03?

3. stuman

Wise Guy

I'm kind of just looking for an open style Mobo tray with the securing bracket thingami for a GPU....

kind of like a test bench, but only spread on 1 level...?

4. andy_mk3

Sgarrista

Ok I'm with you now. Perhaps something custom made? It wouldn't take too much to do.

5. stuman

Wise Guy

Who would somebody go to for something like that?!

6. RobTi

Gangster

Don’t laugh but I had my htpc in a shelf of my unit sitting bare with no case, although it was behind a door but had a semi open back, and was never seen, had a fanless gpu and a silent psu with 1 140mm fan blowing over everything

7. andy_mk3

Sgarrista

B&Q? :D You could mount everything to a board of some kind. I'm not really clear on what you are trying to achieve though, you want an open case but fairly low profile. Is it on show or hidden?