US: Bull

Soldato

Has anyone seen this yet?

Just watched the first episode and while it's a done to death genre I actually think it could be quite good.

Shame it sort of skips over the more technical aspects of what they're doing but it's intriguing none the less.

I also think the end is somewhat predictable. Can't just have been me that suspected the parents(especially the mum but wasn't 100%) before the end. Hopefully it will get better plot wise.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I'm going to give it about 7 episodes before the idea of watching another substitute jury selection by a smarty pants "Dr.House for law" surrounded by millennials with ipads every week for 24 weeks becomes tedious.

Soldato
Watched first episode for about 10min and gave up. Typical high tech fast talking rubbish, complete with the usual cast of 'inclusive' characters you'd expect to find.

Probably dead in the water soon

Soldato
Wife's watching it, so I'm catching the odd episode, but it's really not working. It's a one trick pony, and I don't think it's really got legs because they are tied to pretty much the same story every week. If they are trying to get you invested in the characters, they are just not that interesting. They also have an annoying habit of making everything work because they have a hacker who can access everything about everyone by hacking their light fittings. It's like Shark or House without any of their better quality, characters. or storylines.

Associate
It's a one trick pony, and I don't think it's really got legs because they are tied to pretty much the same story every week. If they are trying to get you invested in the characters, they are just not that interesting. They also have an annoying habit of making everything work because they have a hacker who can access everything about everyone by hacking their light fittings. It's like Shark or House without any of their better quality, characters. or storylines.

So much this. They tied themselves into "Bull never loses / everyone is innocent" leaving no room for any kind of nuance to it. I got up to episode 8 and couldn't even tell you what one of the cases were about.

Conviction is a much better show, at least they have some shades of grey in there.

Soldato
Conviction is a much better show, at least they have some shades of grey in there.

Well that's been cancelled as no one watched it, despite the fact that Hayley Atwell is hugely watchable in just about everything she does.

I suspect that Michael Weatherly made some kind of deal with the network to get himself a vehicle with a lot of network backing behind it, as it has a lot of the look and feel of NCIS, and you can see the way they are trying to make the characters something the audience is interested in by trickling out bits of backstory, but the format itself is too limiting. It's the same every week, and its premise and mechanics of the jury manipulation stretches credulity to the max as it is.

Soldato
it reminds me of lie to me

Lie To Me was much more open in the storylines. It wasn't just stuck to the "manipulate the jury" structure. And let's face it, Tim Roth is a much better and more interesting actor to watch. They hung the series on his performance much as they did with Hugh Laurie in House. Micheal Weatherly isn't really in that league, and neither is the character of Bull or the writing of the show. I think that Bull is fatally flawed in that they painted themselves into a corner with the basic concept of the show. It's built and shot like a less interesting version of CSI.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Well who'd have thought, it got renewed. Guess you cannot underestimate the power of a popular actor loved by the ladies. Has a lot of viewers it seems

Soldato
Well who'd have thought, it got renewed. Guess you cannot underestimate the power of a popular actor loved by the ladies. Has a lot of viewers it seems

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Weatherly had some sort of deal signed for a minimum run regardless of the ratings. Coming off a big show like NCIS, he probably can demand a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom