Bullet Cam Info Post

Soldato
What you'll need:

• Camera with Video in (Picture)
  • Connecting cables (Picture)
  • Microphone, Mines just a cheap tie mic that needs a lot of editing. (Picture)
  • Bullet Cam (Picture)
  • Masking Tape and Battery for Microphone (Picture 1) (Picture 2)
  • Audio and Video converters (Picture) First 3 are Audio last two are video. May be different for youre camera.
  • The camera needs a 12v DV power so if you can find a lead straight from your cig lighter youre good to go. If not you need a invertor then a AC to DC transformer. (Picture)

Mounting the Camera

I used Beepcakes M5 for this. This tape will hold up on track use.
DSCF0020.JPG

Mounting the Microphone

DSCF0018.JPG

How it looks inside the car
DSCF0021.JPG

GO PLAY! Ask any questions!

Full Pictures

Man of Honour
yeh how much did it cost / where did you get it from.

Is it possible to wire it up to the car battery?

Can you buy proper mounts rater than masking tape :p

hehe question squestions questions..

Man of Honour
Dangerous said:
Due to competitors I cant say where it was bought from. Power source is 12v so yes and the masking tape is perfect to be honest. Holds upto 150mph ;)

can you say how much then :)...

Thing is I would want it permently mounted, hence masking tape wouldnt do..

Man of Honour
Dangerous said:
£80 cam
EST £20 for connecting leads/Power source
£20 for mic

That aint bad at all..

I see you plugged it straight into a digital camera. Is it possible to connect it to a usb port or other on a computer?

Soldato
I dare say anyone who knows how to hold a soldering iron could make up a power cable for it for no more than a couple of quid, 2.1 mm(probably?) power plug on a piece of speaker cable, either put an inline fuseholder on it and fuse it with something like a 250ma fast acting fuse, and connect it to the battery, or connect it to a cigarette lighter plug with inbuilt fuse holder, and use the same fuse as above.

To connect it to a computer, you will need some sort of video capture hardware, you might want to take this point over to general hardware.

Caporegime
Sure a good quality USB web cam some usb extension leads and the cam mounted to the front of the car behind the grill would be a top solution, usb connection to a laptop then record in dv format straight to the HD :)

Think this is how i'm going to try and do things tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom