Bumped bumper

Associate
Ive cracked the bumper, does anybody know whow much its going to cost to fix, i think it might just need filling and then rubbiong over it to flatten it but i dont know?

ck.jpg

Soldato
hairline? what about ignoring it... from a distance youre not going o see it (unlike the massive dent i put in my rear quarter pane :o )

if its a metalic paint it'll need blending in which case theey will feather into the surrounding panels/bonnet too... total cost, at a guess shouldnt be more than £150. shop around and get a few quotes (remember the cheapest plance doesnt necessarily do the best jobs)

Associate
I'd taking a guess at a Mk3 Fiesta, with some Lairy Komodo style kit on, with a big wing. I'd take another guess at it not being a Fiesta RS Turbo, so probably sporting a 2.0 Conversion or a Rs1800/Xr2i.

:cool:

Man of Honour
Don't waste your money fixing it - most people won't notice it and you are bound to pick up another the same at some point as well on your shiney new paint job.

It might be a 'show car' but a bunch of Fiestas in a field isn't exactly a concurs Ferrari event so I wouldn't go spending hundreds respraying marginal scratches like that, it's just not worth it.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Don't waste your money fixing it - most people won't notice it and you are bound to pick up another the same at some point as well on your shiney new paint job.

It might be a 'show car' but a bunch of Fiestas in a field isn't exactly a concurs Ferrari event so I wouldn't go spending hundreds respraying marginal scratches like that, it's just not worth it.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Just becuase it's a Fiesta doesn't mean that someone should not take as much pride in it as they wish and want the entire car looking immaculate.

Man of Honour
Tesla said:
I'm sorry but I disagree. Just becuase it's a Fiesta doesn't mean that someone should not take as much pride in it as they wish and want the entire car looking immaculate.

But the scratch is so small its the sort you pick up every day and is beyond your control - unless its a concurs Ferrari which lives in the garage and comes out once a year for a show there is simply no point spending £200 at a bodyshop fixing it becuase there will probably be another one there before long.

Associate
OP
yes it is that linky not crap mk3 fiesta.

Well its not exactly small its about a foot long. It does need spending money on orther wise theres no point spending all that money to buy the car in the first place to reck the crap out of it, it needs to be kept nice, if it was your car Fox i know you would get it done as you love your car (and not selling it due to another post) and its not exactly a ferrari, however it might feel liek a ferrari to you.

Soldato
Could you not layer on some touch up paint really carefully with something like a sharp cocktail stick then clear coat it and cut it back with T-Cut? It might not be 100% but considering where it is I can't see anybody noticing.

Back
Top Bottom