1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We recommend you enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account. Please see the thread here
    Dismiss Notice

Business Intelligence Development Studio Syntax Highlighting

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by cotton31, 19 Nov 2010.

1. cotton31

Hitman

Is there a way to enable SQL syntax highlighting in Business Intelligence Development Studio?

I've managed to add it for .SQL files using a registry hack to add the .sql file extension, but doing the same for .rdl files doesn't work.

I think this is because RDL files are created under the Designer view (the code window shows inside this), rather than the Code view if that makes sense!

Anybody had this problem before?

Cheers,

2. Yakyb

Gangster

i always copy and paste from SSMS tbh so have never bothered, would be intesting to know if this is possible, what version are you using?

3. cotton31

Hitman

2005... I use SSMS for my queries but we have a report writing user who we don't want to give access to SSMS, but would like syntax highlighting.

Searching the web produces hardly any results, and those that are produced are more about adding highlighting to Visual Studio. This applies to BIDS, but not to Reporting Services files as they don't use the Code view to display the SQL code - this is displayed via the Data tab in Design view!