• Notice regarding image hosts and attachments. See here.

Buy MBP now or wait?

I'd wait for WWDC, as the Haswell rMBP's will hopefully be announced. But the price does seem very good, and if it fits your needs perfectly well, you could just go for it! :D
 
I'd wait. I didn't wait for mine in 2011 and a month later I could've got 8gb RAM and 256GB SSD instead of 4GB and 120GB for the same price.. Could've got higher clocked processor and gpu as well as thunderbolt on top.

Not to mention newer models will bring down the price of older ones, so you'd probably end up saving some cash on the model you're currently looking at.
 
You'll get more for your RRP money after WWDC. If the refurb meets your requirements and it's a good price then buy now while they still have stock.
 
What it says on the tin.

A manufacturer refurbished 15" Retina MacBook Pro. Usually customer returns under 14 days return facility sold in as-new condition with full warranty.

What's not to like? It's the closest you'll get to a discount.
 
I didn't realise the actual amount saved for the refurb at first, due to being used to seeing the HE pricing :p

I can see what you mean though, it does seem a lot for something that has been refurbished - but it IS a rMBP.
 
You'll get more for your RRP money after WWDC. If the refurb meets your requirements and it's a good price then buy now while they still have stock.

But will the refurb models be updated, IIRC there currently the models before the updated specs (Slightly faster CPU), its not a big difference now but I doubt we will see any new WWDC models for awhile in the refurb store, will we?
 
Not for months.

*If* the MBP Retina gets an WWDC update and there's still stock of the now current model kicking around then it *may* appear in the refurb store.
 
Back
Top Bottom