Buy the latest nvidia graphics card online at Overclockers UK (DEALS INSIDE)!!

Associate
On the verge of going 980ti myself (780ti atm). Was planning on biting when they drop to 450 (another site sold the EVGA OC version at this price on black friday) and I missed it. Is Pascal that close?

OcUK Staff
OP
Guys

Remember tomorrow is the last day of ordering to qualify for the £20 cashback:
https://offers.asuspromotions.com/gb/en/pages/cashback/qualifying

*£20 CASHBACK* Asus GeForce GTX 970 DirectCU II OC Strix 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £257.99 inc VAT

GX352AS_119889_800x800.jpg

*£20 CASHBACK FROM ASUS, SEE URL AT BOTTOM OF PAGE*

The new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980/970 is powered by the next generation NVIDIA Maxwell Architecture, giving you incredible performance, unmatched power efficiency, and cutting-edge features.

Maxwell is the most advanced GPU architecture ever made, designed to be the engine of next generation gaming. Inspired by light, it was designed to solve some of the most complex lighting and graphics challenges in visual computing. For the first time, gaming GPU's can dynamically render indirect light using the new VXGI (Voxel Global Illumination technology). Scenes are significantly more lifelike as light interacts more realistically in the game environment.

The GTX 980 is the worlds fastest GPU and the GTX 970 offers the most advanced performance in its class. Each delivers 2x the performance of previous-generation card, bringing new gaming experiences to virtual reality, and ultra resolution 4k displays.

Enable the detail of 4k monitors, on a 1080P display. DSR produces smoother images by rendering a game at a high resolution, then downscaling it to the native resolution of the display using advanced filtering.

GeForce GTX 980 and 970 cards support tear-free, super-fast NVIDIA G-Sync monitor display technology including 4k. Together, these technologies provide the most immersive and competitive gaming experiences possible.

Features:-
- Voxel Global Illumination Technology (VXGI)
- NVIDIA® Super Resolution technology
- NVIDIA® GameWorks technology
- NVIDIA® GameStream technology
- NVIDIA® TXAA Technology
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0
- NVIDIA PhysX® Technology
- NVIDIA FXAA Technology
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
- NVIDIA Surround
- Support for four concurrent displays including: Two dual-link DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2
- Microsoft DirectX 12
- NVIDIA® 3D Vision® Ready
- NVIDIA SLI® Ready Technology
- NVIDIA CUDA® technology
- PCI Express 3.0 support
- OpenGL 4.4 support
- OpenCL support
- NVIDIA SHIELD Ready
- NVIDIA G-Sync Ready

Specification:-
- GeForce GTX 970
- GPU: GeForce GTX 970 (GM204)
- Core Base Clock: 1114MHz
- Core Boost Clock: 1253MHz
- Memory Clock: 7010MHz
- Memory Size: 4096MB GDDR5
- Bus Type: PCI Express 3.0
- Memory Bus: 256-bit
- CUDA Cores: 1664
- DirectX 12: Yes
- DVI Port: 2x Dual-Link DVI, 1x DisplayPort & 1x HDMI
- DisplayPort: Yes
- HDCP: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- Power: 1x 8-Pin
- 450W PSU Required
- 225W TDP
- Warranty: 3yr
- Asus CASHBACK Promotions redemption guide: http://www.offers.asuspromotions.com/cashback

Was [£278.99] Inc. VAT

Only £257.99 inc VAT - £20 CASHBACK UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!!

ORDER NOW

Associate
I'll be flogging my 970 for pascal but think it'll be 3rd quarter until we see the ti pascal equivalent, I just couldn't wait any longer for a well needed upgrade to skylake...from laptop gaming:)

really that long a wait for pascal?

Im on the verge of buying a 980ti but have to things holding me back, the long rumoured nvidia price drop and pascal on the horizon.

OcUK Staff
OP
really that long a wait for pascal?

Im on the verge of buying a 980ti but have to things holding me back, the long rumoured nvidia price drop and pascal on the horizon.

NVIDIA would only drop price if sales slowed or AMD released something to compete, neither is looking likely.

Also in new year we expect our prices to have to increase simply due to new stock costing us more in dollars and the GBP has weakened further causing a further blow.

Whilst OcUK or anywhere else has a 980Ti for under £500 you should buy as in new year anything under £520-£530 will be more unlikely.

Associate
Gibbo thanks for the update on prices, are we likely to also see a rise in the 970's

shame the KFA2 GeForce GTX 970 OC Silent "Infin8 Black Edition" 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **World wasn't any cheaper

assume £230 is the lowest we'll see this side of the new year

BTW case has arrived
cheers

Last edited:
Associate
christ this is not good news for my wallet. I wish I bought that 980ti for 450 quid last month now, the annoying this is I even pasted the url to a bunch of mates on an irc channel and one of them got one. Now I am mocked! Think ill reward myself with whatever I can find in a few days time. You only live once, may as well live it at a high framerate!

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo thanks for the update on prices, are we likely to also see a rise in the 970's

shame the KFA2 GeForce GTX 970 OC Silent "Infin8 Black Edition" 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **World wasn't any cheaper

assume £230 is the lowest we'll see this side of the new year

BTW case has arrived
cheers

Yes everything is likely to increase, we've being able to hold prices low due to buying huge volumes at discounted rates for Black Friday and back when we did these order GBP was much stronger than USD, 1.52-1.55 back then compared to the 1.47-1.49 were getting now.

All return to normal January 4th, that means sales end, the prices go up. So unless something happens like GBP strengthens against USD or official price moves happen prices in general will go up. But nothing is ever concrete, if I had a crystal ball and knew exactly what was going to happen I would be playing the lottery and not posting on here. ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Scaremongering in trying to get people to part with money now. Sorry but thats how i see it Gibbo.

Well if you tracked USD/GBP you will see it is just factual facts. We also are still running some Black Friday stock as I took in very large volumes due to the savings offered, these stocks are low.

So it is just advice, but end of the day I am not holding a gun to anyones head and I do not have a crystal ball, plus I already stated were talking £20-£30 on £500 product so its not vast amounts.

See it as you wish but people like you are what make me feel that half the time I might as well not even bother with trying to help people any more because with some of you there is no satisfying.

The market is unpredictable, start of 2016 could see GBP strengthen, NVIDIA could make a price drop and OcUK might decide to make no money. All of the latter unlikely.

All I can advice on is hard facts at present, some of my USD cost have increased and the pound has weakened further against US dollar.

Back
Top Bottom