Buyer's remorse

Permabanned
or not!

Thought I would post up my next vehicle. This is my first new vehicle, so thought I would go for a bit of a treat.
I quite like the performance, and optimistic mpg figures, but most of all living in the middle of nowhere, the xDrive is essential for me (it also seems to provide more off-the-line-grip for the improved figures that BMW quote).

BMW 330D xDrive M Sport Saloon
Estoril Blue
Black leather interior
[Standard Specification - flappy-paddle sports auto, front/rear parking sensors, iDrive, USB, Bluetooth, M Sport upgrades]
Harmon Kardon Audio
Visibility Package
Service Package

This delivers quite an awesome package, in the low tax, diesel efficiency, xDrive and overtaking ability; not to mention, the Estoril Blue colour!

Can't wait to receive the vehicle in a few weeks where i'll post up some pictures.

It was a choice between the 330D and a pre-registered X5, however the 330D won on looks and money alone.

Permabanned
OP
What's going to be funny is people buying these xDrive BMWs getting very little advantage in bad conditions due to the fact they still have 255 wide max performance summer tyres, which is the original cause of the problem :p

It is the age old conundrum - winter tyres vs. AWD vs. FWD. xDrive with Winters would win every time. For now however, xDrive certainly beats just RWD.

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;24832124 said:
Sure, if you want to spin 4 wheels instead of 2 :p

RWD with winters is better than XDrive.

xDrive appears to provide better traction all-year round, netting the car some impressive figures that can (on paper) strike fear into the 330i and higher!

[TW]Fox;24831816 said:
This thread about an awesome car is useless without pictures.

It is being built in the factory at the moment. I will get some pictures when I actually receive the car!

Permabanned
OP
Now we've gotten the 4WD drive discussion done...

Car has arrived! I've waxed it fully and taken these shots today.

Estoril Blue; HK Speakers; Visibility package; M Sports chrome and blue highlight interior.

The vehicle is pure awesome. My biggest love is a proper handbrake instead of the electronic parking brake.
Realised also that it doesn't automatically pick up my iPhone music (have to manually select the phone and then manually select 'Random').

But aside from that, top machine!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom