• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Buying a 2070 Super

OcUK Staff
Don’t spend £550 that’s too much as otherwise you might as well spend £620 on the 2080 Super Black Friday deal from MSI that’s still running.

Otherwise KFA2 at £450 or my advice would be get the Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming 3X at £475

It if you really want a flagship 2070 Super get the Aorus 2070 Suoer at £525 which is based on 2080 PCB.

Associate
OP
Thx Gibbo
Funnily enough I’ve got that page open now and looking at the Aorus. Is it worth the extra £ compared to the Gigabyte?. So much choice!!

Cheers
S.

Soldato
Hi, im using a gsync monitor so was assuming Nvidia is my only option
Cheers
S

You didn't said you are using gsync monitor. Which model is it?
Asking because if it has module yes isn't compatible, if it doesn't have module is compatible as actually using VESA Adaptive sync.

If you give us the monitor model you have we can let you know.

Caporegime
MSi Gaming X-Trio, gone down to £500, a cracker of a card, cool, quiet, and cracking performance, or theres the Gaming X for a bit cheaper, with the only difference being its a 2x fan, instead of a 3x.

Permabanned
Associate
OP
Hi
So I went for the Aorus 2070 super in the end. The card arrived today but I haven't installed yet. Someone I game with online asked whether or not I had made sure that the gpu was compatible with the motherboard. I have an Asus Sabertooth X99 and just assumed that because they both have PCIe 3.0 everything would be OK.

Is there anything to worry about here?

Cheers
S

Back
Top Bottom