1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying apps from the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Apple Software' started by Cheetah Designs, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Cheetah Designs

Wise Guy

If I buy a game on my iPad and download it and then go to the Apple Store on iTunes on my computer, it doesn't say that I have bought it and I have to pay to download it again - why is that?

Thanks.

2. Glaucus

Man of Honour

Have you tried just going to the purchased area?
    Why do you want then on iTunes?

3. SDK^

Capodecina

are you logged into your account on iTunes?

Or

Plug in your iPad to your computer, sync it with iTunes and it should recognise the purchases :)

4. squerble

Mobster

Are you definitely signed in with the same account (if signed in at all) on both devices?

5. GW1970

Gangster

Just tried mine as I hadn't sync'd with iTunes for a while and have been making quite a few £0.69 purchases. At first it didn't copy over so ran a backup and all are now in iTunes.

6. Morfik

Wise Guy

There's no real need to back up Apps in iTunes any more as you can always redownload from the cloud whenever you want, even ones that have since been delisted.

The only reason to do so really would be if you're going to reset or copy to another device when it would be quicker to do copy them across via iTunes. Otherwise no real point.

7. ethansamuel17

Associate

First login with your iTunes account and then try to purchase any application.