Buying back car that was written off

dal

dal

Associate
Hi all, so my misses hit a deer the other night & it turns out they are actually writing the car off, cant believe it. So my I'm considering keeping the car and having it repaired myself, the damage isn't actually that bad (I used to work in a bodyshop a few years back so I've got a good idea). But I'm unsure about a few things.

BTW the car is just over 3 years old (peugeot 208), market value about £5650

1. If we repair the car & it's involved in another accident will the insurance pay out again as they have already paid out for the car.

2. Is the MOT still valid.

I'll speak to the insurance company about this but thought I'd try and get a heads up, thanks.

Associate
When a car is written off tbe insurance do so as it's deemed more money to repair it than to pay market value.

If you buy back it will be registered as a cat write off and depending on how severe may have to be re-registered to the dvla

Associate
to answer question 1 they do payout but it'll be the less than the normal book value due to it being written off. had this happen to me but cant remember the exact percentage. it wasn't anything bad like half the value from memory about 10%-15

Soldato
Some insurance companies will not insure cars that have been written off. Some (I think most actually) will though.

It is usually in that list of things you tick and agree with at the end of a quote.

Back
Top Bottom