f15b.jpg

tspw.jpg

rxg6.jpg

jfya.jpg

I have tailored mats on order :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Got some tailored cut mats off the bay. OEM ones are very pricey, and as the car does not get used much they will do.

From a quality point, they fit just fine and look great.

Been noticing things this computer on wheels does. After a drive it lowered itself automatically to normal height.

The roads in Brighton are shocking! Especially the ones along the seafront - the airmatic must have pumped it right up to keep the suspension smooth. It is almost as if it let out a "sigh" after encountering that!

I have 2 things on my list to fix.

1). Aircon condenser has a leak. Did a test and the system is ok, but it hissed the test nitrogen out. Should be an easy DIY swap out.

2). My drivers side window only moves in 3" increments. Tried to do the reset, but I think either the door module is at fault, or the regulator is kaput.

I could try a global battery disconnect, but I hear that on these loads can go south when you re-connect!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Lovely cars, i loved mine, did around 100k miles in it over 3 years so very heavily used from me, and burnt a whole lot of fuel in the process :D

Re the bluetooth, you can get a bluetooth puck which will enable the phone system, it sits in the existing cradle and the car sees it as a compatible phone, it will look loads better than that aftermarket kit (which i think looks terrible).

Re the comand, you can update the system to a D2B 16:9 unit from a MY2003 if you wish, this was a crossover year where the cars got the widescreen unit but still kept the old D2B bus. 2004 onwards the system totally changed. The unit from a 2003 is PnP with your car.
2003comand.JPG

Other upgrades, i would stick some better wheels on it (mine had 19" AMG rims, and looked very good for it in my opinion), better wheels take years off them :)

Another big big one, which mine had, was 2003- lights all round, they look loads loads better. The headlights and rear lights really lift the car and bring it inline with the W211 E-Class really, which was produced all the way to 2009. Also worth doing are the wingmirror repeaters which can be swapped with 2003- clear LED items.

This picture is years and years old now at an old OcUK rolling road (i dread to think what the car looks like now :() but it looked very smart in its day:
frontrr.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed about the alloys, however i'd imagine new alloys and tyres will probably cost more than the vehicle itself.

I had a 520d courtesy car, and whilst it was awesome inside, the dwarfed alloys looked pathetic against the big chassis.

Soldato
That widescreen unit transforms the interior, looks like a 2005 car vs a 1995 car, makes the little square one look really dated.

Associate
OP
Agreed new wheels will be sourced. I really would like some OEM alloys, and missed a set of W220 18's on eBay by only £50 :(

As for facelifting the headlights, this could be expensive, as I have the Xenons, and OEM are loads of cash. Will look into this.

As mine is a 2002, swapping out the headunit to an '03 could be simple, but the one I have works and for the facilities it offers is ok.

Jez, lovely looking motor there!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Its long gone now, i sold it several years ago to another forum member here who has since sold it again, i replaced it with an SL500 7G Tronic at that time :)

To be honest i am speaking from when these cars were a lot more expensive than they are now (a '99 model being worth £10k+), i can see why you wont want to do all of things people used to do to them.

Re the wheels, those are 19's btw. :)

Back
Top Bottom