Bye bye MG....

I was expecting less to be honest with you. But the guy said he looked at used car ad's and got his judgement from there.

Is handy as I've already provisionally sold £1300 worth of parts from it :D

How much do these go for on AT and PH?

That's the value I would have pushed for, I wouldn't base my value on what I thought the assesor would say plus a little bit.

How much do these go for on AT and PH?

That's the value I would have pushed for, I wouldn't base my value on what I thought the assesor would say plus a little bit.

Prices vary a lot. Most somewhere between £1500 and £2k really.

EDIT: Mainly due to the service history, most around this age need the cambelts doing and that devalues the car by £500 atleast. (Tis a big job)

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;15160097 said:
Now why doesn't that suprise me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Love the etc, as if you are trying to find as many things to claim for as possible. Don't forget to tell the insurers you had a priceless ming vase in the boot or something :rolleyes:

If you've genuinelly got some sort of medical issue that causes loss of earnings then go ahead and claim for out of pocket expenses as is your right. But you've already decided to claim for 'whiplash etc' even though all you've so far is the same stiff neck everyone has after a bump? Sigh. You've not even been to a doctor yet but you already know a claim is going in for a condition you've not even been diagnosed with yet :(

Exactly my thoughts. O dear a sore neck. My heart goes out to you. Not. Sickens me that nonsense.

Prices vary a lot. Most somewhere between £1500 and £2k really.

EDIT: Mainly due to the service history, most around this age need the cambelts doing and that devalues the car by £500 atleast. (Tis a big job)

You can knock hte value off for that though, the front end damage must be visable...and if someone from the MG forums was looking to buy it I'm sure they'd have read about all the problems you had due to the front end damage and so would offer very little.

You'd have to con someone that doesn't know about the car to get a decent value from it, which is very wrong imo...

You can knock hte value off for that though, the front end damage must be visable...and if someone from the MG forums was looking to buy it I'm sure they'd have read about all the problems you had due to the front end damage and so would offer very little.

You'd have to con someone that doesn't know about the car to get a decent value from it, which is very wrong imo...

Err...my cambelts were done thank you.

And no Rob, it isn't, because....for the millionth time....now you ready for this, as it may become a bit of a shock, because you seem to be oblivious to the other times I've posted it....it....was......STRAIGHT.

And I'm not looking to sell the car as a whole, I'm breaking it for parts (which I've already previously mentioned) so why are you saying about selling the car as whole?

And I'm not looking to sell the car as a whole, I'm breaking it for parts (which I've already previously mentioned) so why are you saying about selling the car as whole?

The insurance have paid you a value based on its pre accident value as a whole. Thats what he is getting at when referring to it in that way :)

[TW]Fox;15201305 said:
Why do you think it was? You told us on 3 seperate occasions before the latest 'jig' session that it was 'straight', so why are we supposed to beleive it the 4th time?

As I said before I have no need to prove or disprove anything, I know for a fact it was straight and that's the end of it really :)

Back
Top Bottom