1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye Bye wanadoo hello ........

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by tonyzero, 7 May 2006.

1. tonyzero

Wise Guy

Hi,

I have just asked wanadoo for a MAC code and was already to go to Zen but I see a few members here are moving to Nildram, so before I commit I would like to here what your opinions are on Zen and nildram and maybe suggest which one you think is best in the long run.

Tony

2. smids

Soldato

Zen are pretty much the best. I only went to Nildram because Zen are more expensive but you need only look at the ADSLGuide ratings to see how far Zen are ahead of pretty much all other ISP's.

3. tonyzero

Wise Guy

Hi,

i thought zen were cheaper £24.99 Nildram £25.99 the only thing i have seen is that zen cap you at 20gb and nildam at 50gb

Tony

4. tonyzero

Wise Guy

sorry should state thats 8mg

5. smids

Soldato

Yeah, I was talking about equivalent packages i.e. 50GB each. in which case Zen charge £35p/m IIRC. However nildram do charge for a static IP at £3 a month roughly which is a downside. Zen are a very good choice if you choose them though. Both are up to 8MBit on DSLMax (what I based my comparison on).

6. tonyzero

Wise Guy

ok that sounds good then as i don't play games over the net much anyway apart from the psp now and then so 20gb should be ok for me

Tony

7. Mercutio

Soldato

Nildram I think also have no cap in the wee small hours if I remember and they still doing that? So the 50GB is pretty much purely browsing and gaming etc, u can get all your linux disk images overnight :)

8. tolien

Caporegime

Yup. That versus the static IP/IP block charges