Bypassing ipad and imac passcode

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi,

I have a customer whose daughter passed away not so long ago, and she had an ipad and an imac. He wants to access both devices but they have passwords on.

Is there a way to bypass them?

If not then I'll just tell him to take them to an apple store and see what they can do as I don't really want to be using dodgy software if that's what it'll take.

Soldato
The imac password can be bypassed provided it's only a user account one (admin account included). Not too sure on the Ipad. What may help is once the iMac is accessable, they may be able to plug the ipad in and access it through itunes as the iMac may be listed as a trusted device.

Hold Cmd r then power machine on to boot to recovery mode
when its loaded, open terminal from the utilities menu on top bar
type resetpassword and push enter.
reboot the machine.

If it's something more secure like Firmware or Filevault then you will need to do what 233 says. If they are able to provide proof of purchase somehow too (I do realise how this could be a silly thing to say) but it would help a lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi,

I have a customer whose daughter passed away not so long ago, and she had an ipad and an imac. He wants to access both devices but they have passwords on.

Is there a way to bypass them?

If not then I'll just tell him to take them to an apple store and see what they can do as I don't really want to be using dodgy software if that's what it'll take.

You could also try one of our suppliers, Sytech Forensics. They used to unlock exhibits for us when all else failed. http://sytech-consultants.com/

When a person has passed, they have less protection in terms of data protection/GDPR etc, and it all becomes property of the benefactors of the will (or parent/nearest blood relative if all else fails).

Back
Top Bottom