C2Q to dell optiplex 790

Associate
Hi all,

not interested YET to get new shiny system for purpose of my pc use or gaming, but at multitasking i started to notice that C2Q struggles to keep up with it. I was looking at them dell optiplex 790 models with I3 and I5, its not a big difference I3 or I5 as them optiplex pc's take i7 2600 to so looking to upgrade it to it's maximum cpu and ram. Will i see a lot of improvement over my Q9550 clocked @3.4ghz, or it will be just a little bump up and it's not worth it? thank you

Associate
OP
Grab i7 2700 if you can , getting non slim desktop version helps as well !
Yep looking to get MT one so can pop in 1050ti from c2q chest and up the psu, i7's are going ridiculously expensive if you can find one, i find it better to buy cheap with i3 inside or i5 and just update bios and get i7 separately and up ram to its max

Associate
OP
PCIe 1.0 was 60w and rest 2.0/3.0 can supply 75w to the card
Thank you
The mini towers are normally fine, it's the sff/desktops that tend to have the pcie slot wattage limited, although worth finding the spec sheet or checking on Dell forums.
Well thats what im looking at for a while, and youtube videos too :D people put in to them 790's gpus and it runs flawlessly or some gets some problems with it, so it confusses a lot. Found 790's and 7010's that im interested atleast 7010's on data sheets states 75W on blue pcie :D thank you for your input too

Back
Top Bottom