Cabinet box size

Associate
And another question. Is there any reason why I would need a 450 mm deep 6U wall mounted cabinet rather than a 300 mm 6U cabinet?
The cabinet will be for housing a 24 patch panel (cat6 or maybe cat6A), plus a 24 port network switch (they seem to be between 200 to 250 mm deep), and maybe a router.
450 mm would be a squeeze in the location it's got to go, so I'd prefer if we could use a 300 mm deep cabinet but don't know if there'd be any problems doing this.

Soldato
What you do need to watch is where they're measuring from.

You may find that your '300mm' cabinet only has 250mm of mounting depth.

Depending on the switch you may find that there isn't enough room for the power lead, or at the very least you'll need to use a right-angle cable.

Last edited:
Don
You need some space at the front door the cables to Go from the switch into the patch panel.

I'd recommend getting a dump panel, so you know it will be 40 or so MM required at the front.

Associate
OP
not heard of a dump panel before, but that looks neat.
I'm still temped to get the 300 mm deep cabinet. If I can't get the cables to fit in, then i will just take the door of the cabinet off. It's all going on the wall under the stairs, so hidden and out of the way.

Don
Netgear
GS324

24 port fanless and not very deep. Comes with mounting ears.

Remember to buy cage nuts and bolts. 30cm and 50cm cables cat5e for the panel to switch. Dump panel will make it look really neat!

Mills sell panels, cable, dump panels and cabinets.

Back
Top Bottom