Cablemod confusion.

Soldato
Looking at a new set of Cablemod cables (for a type 4 Corsair, so Black Label).

I was looking at the 12VHPWR kits as, despite not having a 40-series GPU at present, future-proofing feels like a good idea.
However there's absolutely no information on what cables these kits actually include, either here on OcUK or on the Cablemod website.

Firstly, the product page for these kits says they come with a direct 12VHPWR cable for PSUs with a matching 16-pin connector. Despite this the top of the page has a selector to choose either 3 x 8-pin or 4 x 8-pin, directly contradicting the text. Which is it?

Secondly, do these 12VHPWR kits still come with the "regular" direct 8-pin cables for non-40-series GPUs or are these omitted? Obviously the kits are useless to me if the regular cables are removed in favour of the 12VHPWR.

Their website is so useless it's actually making me angry.

Soldato
OP
Ah, just noticed there are pictures on the OcUK site which presumably show the included cables in the kits.

These would suggest that the 12VHPWR kits don't include the "regular" PCIe cables, can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: And now the Cablemod site is showing me the detail too. Just ignore me, I'm clearly having a "moment" lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you've got a type 4 corsair PSU why not get their own cable kit? if you aren't going for a custom colour, I've got the black/white ones and they look no different to the cable mod ones.

Soldato
OP
If you've got a type 4 corsair PSU why not get their own cable kit? if you aren't going for a custom colour, I've got the black/white ones and they look no different to the cable mod ones.

Not a bad shout but I want white ones and the black combs on the Corsair kit totally ruin them.

Anyone know what delivery times are like from Cablemod's EU store, or when OcUK are likely to have stock?

Back
Top Bottom