• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CACJE or CAB2E - Which do I choose?

Soldato
Hi all,

My friends changed to Core2 and is building his old bits into a pc for a friend. I have first dibs on his CAB2E if I want it and he'll take my CACJE. Which is the better chip?

Associate
Well I had a opteron 144 CAB2E and with the right care I got it to 2.8ghz stable on an Asus A8N-SLI Premium. My friend (who inherited it from me) got it stabley to 2.9ghz on a DFI expert. In other words the CAB2E is 'fairly good, but nothing special', in my experiance.

Sadly I am not familiar with CACJE, but as I don't recognise it that probably means it's not anything special either. That doesn't mean it won't be as good or better than a CAB2E though.

Soldato
OP
I'm currently sat 20 minutes orthos stable (and counting) at 2745MHZ, stock voltage on the CAB2E. I had it to 3050mhz screenshot stable but that was with excessive voltage and it wasn't orthos-able at all! :) Thanks for the replies guys :)

Associate
Seen some where some 2006 cacje's were good for 3+gig on reasonable volts.I had 0546 that maxed out about 2750 on 1.55v. Google the stepping.

Back
Top Bottom