California prepares to legalize marijuana on New Year's Day

Soldato
You gotta love these type of threads, everyone who smokes the weed is not capable of anything and just a drop out in life by some of the replies lol, get over yourself will you.

Permabanned
You gotta love these type of threads, everyone who smokes the weed is not capable of anything and just a drop out in life by some of the replies lol, get over yourself will you.

No they must accept they are malfunctioning druggies, whatever sort of shine they attempt to put on things :) Social pariahs, unelectable for many occupations of importance, the sort of low life a respectable father lives in fear of his daughter meeting ;)

I'm off to the pub for a pint of (legal) Shropshire Gold and a check to see if the local Italian is still under siege from braided haired, malodorous vegans from Telford.

Caporegime
No they must accept they are malfunctioning druggies, whatever sort of shine they attempt to put on things :) Social pariahs, unelectable for many occupations of importance, the sort of low life a respectable father lives in fear of his daughter meeting ;)

I'm off to the pub for a pint of (legal) Shropshire Gold and a check to see if the local Italian is still under siege from braided haired, malodorous vegans from Telford.

Extremely ironic that you are deriding the use of one narcotic while admitting you will consume another narcotic that has a proven much higher risk and cost to society.

Soldato
Not at all, hence the addition of "legal". If you lot want to kid yourselves marijuana is harmless, fine, I gave up on lost causes decades ago :)

Like i have said before ALL drugs, including LEGAL ones have side effects..... and more some than others.... I had a bad reaction to Morphine, so maybe we should make that illegal....

Associate
I've got several mates who smoke who earn 6 figure salaries; as well as having a family of their own. Yeah, real wastes of space they are and of no use at all to society.

As always though, in the UK, the answer is to BAN EVERYTHING. What a bloody joyless country we've become, full of equally joyless people.

Caporegime
Like i have said before ALL drugs, including LEGAL ones have side effects..... and more some than others.... I had a bad reaction to Morphine, so maybe we should make that illegal....

it is already illegal for recreational purposes

heroin likewise is generally illegal but available on prescription for some

Soldato

I'd prefer my daughter to go out with someone who smoked the occasional spliff than a bigot.

Permabanned
If Hamlets are what you smoke then it's evident that you have no taste. At least get a nicer cigarillo.

I gave up cigars years ago, but when I did smoke them I was a bit of a heathen, I admit, and liked those things that were supposedly dipped in port. My pal who is a smoking snob, always used to say if it doesn't need a cutter don't even think of lighting it. He's probably right....

Soldato
Looks like the Trump administration is going to start with a repeal of the justice memo which has led to states being able to legalise it despite the federal law. I can't see these states who have legalised it and are benefiting from the huge taxes giving it up easily though..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42572229

I would like to see legalistation happen here, in a hope it would take the drugs of the streets, put less money into dealers, gangs and the black market, bring in tax revenues, offer users a safe choice as well as weaker strains for those not wanting super strength weed which will most likely send you a bit daft after long term use, as well as the benefits for those with medical conditions.

The fact that the government is happy for us to all to drink ourselves into the grave, with alcohol being a far more deadly drug, but they won't consider pot is beyond me :(

Back
Top Bottom