Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Me and my friend play duo's every night on Warzone, if anyone ever wants to play Trio's with us please let me know.

I'm 36 and he's 31, we play 7 nights at week from 10pm to 2pm in the UK.

We're both pretty addicted to this game.

Oh and we use discord too. We're both on PC.

Soldato
Well, this game is now pretty unplayable for me. It started off so well, but now I cant get a match below 60 ping. Typically 80, sometimes >100. Weird lags also. The lags are even worse if I enable crossplay. Losing so many 1 on 1s against pad players and on the replay its clear they see me way before I see them. It's almost like the servers are set to time nudge PC players -20ms to make it harder. Whilst there is some lags on PC servers, its nothing like on crossplay. Pings are no better on crossplay either.

Overall it feels like we have gone back to the bad old days of p2p servers.

Struggling to get positive KD sometimes now and the entire game feels lagged. Really frustrating and its sucking all the fun out of it.

Perhaps the updates broke something netcode wise. Perhaps they are favouring Warzone servers with better bandwidth. I don't know, but what I do know is that this game isn't behaving the same as it did 2 months ago to the extent I just cba with it anymore =/

Gutted.

Soldato
Well, this game is now pretty unplayable for me. It started off so well, but now I cant get a match below 60 ping. Typically 80, sometimes >100. Weird lags also. The lags are even worse if I enable crossplay. Losing so many 1 on 1s against pad players and on the replay its clear they see me way before I see them. It's almost like the servers are set to time nudge PC players -20ms to make it harder. Whilst there is some lags on PC servers, its nothing like on crossplay. Pings are no better on crossplay either.

Overall it feels like we have gone back to the bad old days of p2p servers.

Struggling to get positive KD sometimes now and the entire game feels lagged. Really frustrating and its sucking all the fun out of it.

Perhaps the updates broke something netcode wise. Perhaps they are favouring Warzone servers with better bandwidth. I don't know, but what I do know is that this game isn't behaving the same as it did 2 months ago to the extent I just cba with it anymore =/

Gutted.
Do you get server disconnects? One night my isp was having problems and my ping was low but games were laggy as hell as you describe. There were a few random disconnects.
It turned out to be a problem with Hyperoptic

Dup

Dup

Soldato
No HUD or reticule unless ADS with a scope and no info to say you've got so much XP or whether you've killed someone.

Not sure if time to kill is reduced, didn't feel any harder to kill anyone but was jarring at first.

Soldato
Do you get server disconnects? One night my isp was having problems and my ping was low but games were laggy as hell as you describe. There were a few random disconnects.
It turned out to be a problem with Hyperoptic

No, I haven't had any disconnects during gameplay. I have had 1 disconnect from the main battlenet servers and that was yesterday following a completed match. I was back in to the main game very quickly though.

Yesterday I had a lazy day and so decided to perservere with CoD. I played from around 11am till 5pm with on and off breaks for lunch and other stuff such as to rescue a bird that had hit a bedroom window and was lying on the patio stunned and likely nursing the mother of all headaches!

Hours of play and I had bad ping and weird lag all day. Bottom of the scoreboard mostly, with some moments of reprieve but not many. It's like I cant get a match below 60 ping at all. So I'm guessing I am getting euro servers all the time. Very regularly in 80-100 ping servers too. A few times the lobby system timed out and had to make another pass to find a server.

I played a few more games last night between 10:00 - 11:30pm and whilst my ping was still rubbish the weird lag wasnt as bad. I was able to get kills and was getting a score that's more reflective of my actual ability. I'm not the worlds best player but neither am I bottom of the scoreboard with .50 kd player either!

So it seems liken it could be the time of day. Perhaps my isp is traffic shaping to cope with demand. Perhap cod servers are struggling with demand. Perhaps a bit of both.

But my actual FTTC connection seems rock solid so theoretically it shouldn't be my ISP.

Soldato
No HUD or reticule unless ADS with a scope and no info to say you've got so much XP or whether you've killed someone.

Not sure if time to kill is reduced, didn't feel any harder to kill anyone but was jarring at first.
Played it last night and enemies definitely die faster with less bullets, not as easily as they do in hardcore multiplayer but easier than standard Warzone.

Soldato
No, I haven't had any disconnects during gameplay. I have had 1 disconnect from the main battlenet servers and that was yesterday following a completed match. I was back in to the main game very quickly though.

Yesterday I had a lazy day and so decided to perservere with CoD. I played from around 11am till 5pm with on and off breaks for lunch and other stuff such as to rescue a bird that had hit a bedroom window and was lying on the patio stunned and likely nursing the mother of all headaches!

Hours of play and I had bad ping and weird lag all day. Bottom of the scoreboard mostly, with some moments of reprieve but not many. It's like I cant get a match below 60 ping at all. So I'm guessing I am getting euro servers all the time. Very regularly in 80-100 ping servers too. A few times the lobby system timed out and had to make another pass to find a server.

I played a few more games last night between 10:00 - 11:30pm and whilst my ping was still rubbish the weird lag wasnt as bad. I was able to get kills and was getting a score that's more reflective of my actual ability. I'm not the worlds best player but neither am I bottom of the scoreboard with .50 kd player either!

So it seems liken it could be the time of day. Perhaps my isp is traffic shaping to cope with demand. Perhap cod servers are struggling with demand. Perhaps a bit of both.

But my actual FTTC connection seems rock solid so theoretically it shouldn't be my ISP.
Simple test if you can - enable phone / mifi hotspot and try 4g.
I did this for a couple of hours when my isp was down for maintenance. Suprisingly worked fine on three 4g hotspot

Soldato
Not going to lie,I've actually been enjoying multiplayer in this game so far,I like the maps that are tight with lots of cover,Is a lot of fun running around with a shotgun.

Soldato
Simple test if you can - enable phone / mifi hotspot and try 4g.
I did this for a couple of hours when my isp was down for maintenance. Suprisingly worked fine on three 4g hotspot

My mate plays from a tethered 4G connection because the alternative is rural WiFi. The 4G connection works really well.

Soldato
My mate plays from a tethered 4G connection because the alternative is rural WiFi. The 4G connection works really well.
Yup, similar experience for me when im at my parents. Sometimes the postoffice connection is rubbish so i'll tether to 4g and it'll be perfect. I've done that a few times to work from home at my parents house and it's more reliable than the wifi!
Doesnt help my dad uses an ADSL filter that goes above a door so if you close the door too hard it disconnects. Or if someone rings the landline, sometimes it disconnects :D The joys of peasant connectivity

Associate
Season 4 has really done something detrimental for me....can't place my finger on it but my KD has tanked as well as win rate.

Not sure if it's my minor colour blindness but I also find that the lower my ping the worse off I am compared to everyone else. Bullet registration is terrible even though I hear the hit markers for someone to then tap me with two bullets and then I'm out.

Associate
Season 4 has really done something detrimental for me....can't place my finger on it but my KD has tanked as well as win rate.

Not sure if it's my minor colour blindness but I also find that the lower my ping the worse off I am compared to everyone else. Bullet registration is terrible even though I hear the hit markers for someone to then tap me with two bullets and then I'm out.
How does your CB affect your experience? There are options for CB in the menu, I use one myself but not sure what it does lol. As I am CB I can't tell lolol. Are we at a disadvantage?

Back
Top Bottom