Call of Duty Vanguard

Caporegime
Well, well it’s that time of year again (a lot later than it used to be) that details of the next Call of Duty are coming out…

So, it’s rumoured it’s going to be called Call of Duty Vanguard and will be revealed via Warzone (with an in game event) on August 19th.

It’s being developed by Sledgehammer games and is set in World War 2 and rumoured to release early November.

Caporegime
OP
Rumours are that it's in quite bad shape and that it was pushed forward a year so IW could work on MW2 for another year. So SHG have essentially been thrown under the bus. The fact we haven't even been given a name yet isn't a good sign.
I'm not interested anyway. WW2 is the second worst COD ever made after Infinite Borefare. Another WW2 game from SHG simply isn't appealing at all.

that’s old news, people are now changing their tune to say SHG may have pulled it out the bag.

Caporegime
OP
I've also played the Vanguard beta and got to level 10 and have to say I really do not understand the decisions that have gone into this game (armour in MP, supression mechanic and the visibility) to name but three of my issues with the game, but if this is the grounding that they are going to use for Warzone then I am really concerned about Warzone after the integration with Vanguard happens.

This MP just feels so uninspiring to play (whether this is because I am just so used to battle royale type games now and 6v6 doesn't cut it) and is just an absolute mess, I thought the move to the MW19 engine would be great as well (but sadly this just feels like a DLC pack for that game) but it looks like I could be wrong, I obviously feel somewhat pressured to buy the game as ranking up the guns will be a lot easier here than in WZ, but I am so conflicted.

Caporegime
OP
I’m not sure on the longevity of this game with sbmm, I’m just getting destroyed by people who are a lot better than me, I would say I’m a half decent player but these kids are on another level. Can we not go back to the old days

this was my experience yesterday as well, was absolutely brutal and I just got steam rolled by people. I felt like I was fodder for these cracked out players sliding and jumping and pre aiming on 12 sensitivity, very miserable experience.

I get it, I’m old now and the new kids have taken over but like you say I’m not a bad player but doing well just leads to absolute frustration because the SBMM thinks you’re way better than you are.

Caporegime
OP
LOLZ! I had a feeling you'd soon start complaining about the game and it didn't take long :p:cry:

People just need to face up to the fact that the COD we used to love 10+ years ago is dead. It ain't coming back.

I’m not complaining, I do enjoy the game, it’s a great feeling CoD IMHO, it’s just the SBMM is absolutely brutal.

What I am blown away by though is how much is simply broken…eg you can’t get gold camo on some guns because it tells you to a perk that doesn’t exist in the game!

Back
Top Bottom