Calling all Star Wars nerds: what's this worth?

Caporegime
This is an ex-display cabinet thingy from Harrods. My wife's colleague bagged it and wants to know if it's worth anything. I said I'll ask my people. You are my people.

https://imgur.com/a/k69QcOn

He seems to think it's made of unicorn tears or something, I said he'd be lucky to see a ton but Star Wars memorabilia is weird.

It plugs in and lights up. It's in fantastic condition.

Whatcha fink?

Soldato
Check eBay, there seems to be a BB-8 special edition one that's going for £85, which looks smaller than yours. I cannot find one that matches exactly what you have, at least at a quick look through.

Soldato
Difficult to say (which I appreciate isn't very helpful).

However, I've just sold my Star Wars collection and I was surprised by how little have things gone up in value over the last 20 years — most of it has barely kept up with inflation.

Things like a boxed Return of the Jedi X-Wing (with sticker sheet unstickered) only went for £65 IIRC — I'll have to check the auctioneer's list again.

As that cabinet contains a BB-8 it's fairly new (from the latest set of films), and it tends to be the older stuff that's more valuable. However, if it was a one-off for Harrods (or if only a very limited number were produced) you might find a collector who's willing to part with decent cash for it.

I'm really not as current on valuations as I used to be, but he might be best off sticking it in his loft for another 20 years. :p

Soldato
This is an ex-display cabinet thingy from Harrods. My wife's colleague bagged it and wants to know if it's worth anything. I said I'll ask my people. You are my people.

He seems to think it's made of unicorn tears or something, I said he'd be lucky to see a ton but Star Wars memorabilia is weird.

Whatcha fink?

I couldn't put a figure on it, but worth more than the last two Star Wars movies I went to see. (Never date nerds).

Soldato
They are from the least collectable trilogy series, they are worthless

Kids don't even want them to play with, let alone trying to sell to any adults who might wish to collect

Soldato
a couple sold on ebay recently - they were a by it now or best offer at 350 and 500 (and seem to have been sold using the best offer option) but it doesn't say what the best offers accepted were.

Associate

Whatcha fink?

I have a mate with the same exact thing. It's pretty cool really as you can control the droids with the watch and if you watch the films with them they react to what's going on. He's pretty savvy about stuff as he's always buying and selling stuff online so I he wouldn't have paid more than it's worth so I'll ask what he paid for the lot.

Caporegime
OP
I have a mate with the same exact thing. It's pretty cool really as you can control the droids with the watch and if you watch the films with them they react to what's going on. He's pretty savvy about stuff as he's always buying and selling stuff online so I he wouldn't have paid more than it's worth so I'll ask what he paid for the lot.

Thanks, I'm rather curious.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You fail at embedding images.

I’d say it’s worth about tree fiddy

Soldato
My mother had a tree in the back garden chopped down about 5 years ago and when I was moving some of wood around for her I noticed something strange sticking out.. It was Darth vadar wedged in a forked branch and the tree had grown around him! I must've climbed the tree as a kid while playing star wars and left.him up there!

He still had his chewed up light sabre sticking out!

Back
Top Bottom