Can anyone give me any feedback on a samsung 75"

Associate
As above
Looking to get
SAMSUNG QE75Q60RATXXU 75" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV

i would like to know if anyone has an opinion on this tv before i buy it.

Soldato
I sometimes wonder why people post things like this.. the forum seems to view it as a "tell me why I'm wrong" thread or "tell me what's more expensive than the thing I've identified".

Personally I'd say it would likely be a good bet, I don't know what other 75s are available at this sort of price/quality but if you've identified that's the size you want a Samsung QLED is definitely going to be better than many TVs.. seems nonsensical to me to suggest a smaller TV when I assume you've decided that's the size you want or need.

Anyway, I'd look at online reviews/youtube and take an aggregate and make the call.

Soldato
There are some reviews which could be checking: https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/samsung-75-inch-q60r-4k-hdr-tv https://youtu.be/agpxiDZTe_4

overall it seems okay. You are sacrificing picture quality in exchange for sheer size at that price point compared to other models. It could be as others mentioned worth looking at other models, can get 65” OLED and LED TVs with higher picture quality for the same price, but trade off being the opposite, reducing size to increase picture quality.

Soldato
In fairly direct contradiction of what I said previously I will also add that I moved from a 60" to a 65" and couldn't tell the difference really. I suspect the actual difference between a 65" and a 75" is relatively slight so it may be worth getting a "better" 65" but I also think there's something to be said for sheer size, it's not as if you're talking about getting a polaroid or some other rebadged crap to get the size.

There will no doubt be better screens but a QLED isn't a bad place to be. Far from junk.

Soldato
In fairly direct contradiction of what I said previously I will also add that I moved from a 60" to a 65" and couldn't tell the difference really. I suspect the actual difference between a 65" and a 75" is relatively slight so it may be worth getting a "better" 65" but I also think there's something to be said for sheer size, it's not as if you're talking about getting a polaroid or some other rebadged crap to get the size.

There will no doubt be better screens but a QLED isn't a bad place to be. Far from junk.

No but I'd rather recommend a better smaller screen that is better suited for movies than lcd which is bigger but doesn't have as good colours, poorer blacks and worse motion. Stick with LCD for games, which he isn't using it for anyeay

Associate
No but I'd rather recommend a better smaller screen that is better suited for movies than lcd which is bigger but doesn't have as good colours, poorer blacks and...

I had this dilemma a year ago.
My budget would have gotten me a 55" OLED or a 65" LCD.
Went with the latter and don't regret it one bit; chuffed with the TV and the size.
Having a 55" in the room would have been aweful, regardless of the PQ.
OLED isn't the be-all and end-all just yet!

Soldato
The Q60 is the budget high end range this year and apparently worse than last years equivalent.

Seems to be priced at 1799 right now. I had a similar dilemma a few weeks ago and decided to go for an OLED one size down instead. My choice was the 65Q60 or OLED55B9, couldnt be happier with my choice.

LG OLEDs have just had a big price cut in the last week along with Richersounds offering a further 125 discount using code RSTV125

So a 65" LG B9 for 1675 might be worth considering.

Associate
OP
The Q60 is the budget high end range this year and apparently worse than last years equivalent.

Seems to be priced at 1799 right now. I had a similar dilemma a few weeks ago and decided to go for an OLED one size down instead. My choice was the 65Q60 or OLED55B9, couldnt be happier with my choice.

LG OLEDs have just had a big price cut in the last week along with Richersounds offering a further 125 discount using code RSTV125

So a 65" LG B9 for 1675 might be worth considering.

ideally i would like to move away from lg my 55 inch suffered screen burn through i consider no fault of my own, me and the wife both work so tv is not on that much, yet i have the ******** itv good morning britain burnt on my screen only noticable on certain colours, the tv is less than 2yrs old. None of history, discovery or fox etc are burnt in only itv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
so you're writing off an oled with burnin without a fight - the refund should be a significant contribution towards a replacement ..... breakfast tv though

Back
Top Bottom