Can anyone help me convert an old Amiga floppy disc?

Soldato
OP
Hi all,

Firstly thanks to @!bluetonic! for converting the discs for me.

It worked!

Well, ish.

The game works but the little sprite that you move around the maze doesn't show up properly for me. No idea how to fix that so the game just became more difficult as you have to navigate an invisible blob around! There are four levels, lets see if anyone can be bothered to go to the end!! Here's the disk images:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FL9PXhBTqYplul2C04Rjg8oHR2F38PZ4

cTZTY0l.png

Associate
Downloaded the files to my PC now so these will be backed up to my NAS, stored on a hard drive and kept forever until I die - will try and get this loaded up on my laptop which has WinUAE setup from when I played Cannon Fodder recently! Kept using save states so not lost a single man yet :D

Soldato
a suit representing a company called appell (or something like that) just called. They reckon they patented that blob back in the day and want all the IP rights immediately.

Associate
The blob lives!

Great story and @!bluetonic! a very generous gesture. :)

Agreed! Thumbs up from me.

I'd like to imagine the odds of 2 people on a forum with one having old disks never before seen and the other having the perfect kit to clone them and them both noticing the post on the forum and working it all out. Not to mention that they work after all this time.

Not only is there a YouTube review of the game but there's an episode for a retro game channel there im sure!

Soldato
I still have shed loads of original amstrad CPC discs and cassettes. Until recently I also had the machine to open them all but my old man threw it out because "why would you want to keep worthless retro kit in the loft?" Some expletives happened. Had I realised he wanted it gone I would have taken it off his hands.

Soldato
I hope to get the disks back to you soon DLB. I haven't forgotten.

And Ik9000, I'm sorry to hear that. In my experience, see what's already been archived online before being narked about not being able to play this stuff. And keep your eyes on all the auctions and classified sites to see if you can get a replacement machine.

I spent time connecting a VHS video player up to my PC to digitise an Amiga Format video that I took away from our South West Amiga Meet. Took ages. I looked on YouTube and it was already there. :o

At the moment, I haven't got the space to keep all my Amiga and PC retro kit setup, but my work laptop does all the emulation in a small space.

Back
Top Bottom