• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can anyone help me with strange Division 2 fps drops on Vega 56 please?

Associate
Hi all

Having a strange issue on Divison 2 with my current setup:

I7 2600k at 4.5ghz
Vega 56 at 1600/950mhz
Windows 7 64
16gb ddr3 1600mhz
1440p 70hz monitor
Amd driver 19.1.1

Basically what happens is I'll start off ok at 70fps then I'll start free roaming and with nothing happening in game my fps will drop to 25. It keeps going up and down but I've noticed fps is at its worst when a mission is large open space or free roam.

I'm running d2 on ultra and I've tried dropping resolution scale, AA and tried running with vsync off and on. I have kept freesync on throughout.

I did try the latest 19.3.2 amd "division 2 ready" drivers but my game won't even start with this driver it just crashes on load screen every time.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Can you monitor and check your cpu utilisation during these fps drops?

Well I run msi afterburner at the same time and both cpu and gpu utilisation is good both hitting high amounts.

I will do a proper test tomorrow though and record what is happening. I don't think the dreaded 100% cpu bug is there though.

Back
Top Bottom