Can anyone help with my Ryzen 1700 overclock?

Associate
Hey guys,
New to PC building and overclocking. At the moment I'm running a Ryzen 7 1700 at the standard 3Ghz, Stock wraith spire cooler (can upgrade if needs be) with 16 GB DDR4 ram at 2933, Asrock fatality B350 K4 motherboard and the ROG Strix RX 480 GPU. Just looking for tips, preferably pictures on an overclock around 3.5-3.7 Ghz. I have no idea what I'm doing so anything you can do to help would be fantastic! :D

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I think for the most part it's a case of setting your voltage to 1.35v and changing the multiplier to 37/38.

No doubt @gavinh87 will be in here shortly with some tips mate.

Soldato
As gee said really, on the stock cooler you don't want to be pushing volts that much. It should be able to handle 1.35v though. Set the multiplier to 37 and check temperatures under load aswell as stability.
You will hear lots of opinions on what programs to use for stability but the best I've found so far is called OCCT, run that for 2 hours with avx enabled. Remember to keep an eye on temperature, you don't want to be exceeding 70 degrees ideally. With how the weather has been that may not be possible without upgrading the cooler though.

Soldato
I run mine at just below 3.7Ghz and it only uses 1.2v or less. Using the Wraith Spire Cooler playing BF1 it goes no higher than low 50C and is often in the high 40C. I have briefly tried stress testing it and all was fine. It has not crashed once in use or gaming.

I just set the multiplier to 36.75 and left everything on auto. The same for the memory all auto except speed set to 3066, 2933 works fine and I can't tell the difference to be honest.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the help guys will give it ago later, hopefully it works without a problem I'll try 3.5 to start with and see if it's stable and maybe push it more after!

Associate
Of course if it can handle [email protected] feel free to push higher or lower your voltage to give lower temps. From what I've seen 3.8 is pretty much a given on these. 1.3-1.38 seems to be the normal voltage required for that speed.
my 1600 is 3.8 with 1.356v. not too keen on pushing further as i need to hit 1.41 before it boots into windows properly at 3.9.

however i have a 2nd 1600 paired with a slightly better x370 board so hoping i can possibly hit 4.0???

Associate
Oh I came in to ask the same question, I've had mine in for a few days. I'm going to have a go when I've finished work. I've got an X370 board, 3000Mhz Corsair RAM as well as the stock coller. Seems like they easily clock to the boost speed and a little bit more; I don't really do many CPU intensive tasks so I'd be happy with a safe 3.7Ghz.

Gavin, has anybody managed to hit the magic 4 and retain stability yet?

Associate
As all have said here so far, wack the vcore upto 1.35 - 1.38 and change the multi to 3.8 and see how you get on. my 1700 will run find at 3.85, any more and I have to up the voltage a lot it seems. if you have faster rated ram like me (3600) then you might have to play a bit with the soc voltage and ohms, but seing as yours is 3000 rated just leave it at 1.2v or 1.35v for what ever the xmp rating says. Job done. quick OC and enjoy the benifits!

Back
Top Bottom