Can anyone recommend a decent budget air purifier?

Soldato
I've had the levoit in my 'saved for later' area for a while, to see whether my allergy flared up, unfortunately it's gone from £80 to £100 as summer started :p

Associate

What point are you trying to prove with this link? Do you realise the first line on that link says that they do indeed work?

Here at AllergyBuyersClub we are great advocates for air purifiers because they work, and we put our air purifiers through a rigorous testing program before offering them to consumers

The rest of the article simply goes on to list some of the misconceptions people can have about air purifiers. I don't think anyone in this thread has suggested that buying one means you can sell your hoover, seal your windows, smoke like a chimney, or give up your antihistamines so I'm not sure how this article is relevant?

Out of curiosity, do you suffer with allergies? Have you tried an air purifier?

I've suffered with hayfever since I was a young child trying various things over the last 20 years or so it's caused issues for me. Whilst I've only had my air purifier a short time, despite being in the midst of the "pollen bomb" and super high pollen counts, I'm finding I'm having one of the best runs of not suffering with my usual itchy eyes and constant sneezing that I've had in years. I'm still having to take my antihistamine and yes I can still have effects when I'm out and about. But ultimately as someone who does suffer from allergies my early impressions are that this is having a positive effect.

If your an allergy suffer, have used one, and found it didn't work thats great. You would be adding a worth while opinion to this thread. But if all you are doing is typing "do air purifiers" work into google and venturing as far as link number two you aren't adding a great deal.

Soldato
What point are you trying to prove with this link? Do you realise the first line on that link says that they do indeed work?

The rest of the article simply goes on to list some of the misconceptions people can have about air purifiers. I don't think anyone in this thread has suggested that buying one means you can sell your hoover, seal your windows, smoke like a chimney, or give up your antihistamines so I'm not sure how this article is relevant?

Out of curiosity, do you suffer with allergies? Have you tried an air purifier?

I've suffered with hayfever since I was a young child trying various things over the last 20 years or so it's caused issues for me. Whilst I've only had my air purifier a short time, despite being in the midst of the "pollen bomb" and super high pollen counts, I'm finding I'm having one of the best runs of not suffering with my usual itchy eyes and constant sneezing that I've had in years. I'm still having to take my antihistamine and yes I can still have effects when I'm out and about. But ultimately as someone who does suffer from allergies my early impressions are that this is having a positive effect.

If your an allergy suffer, have used one, and found it didn't work thats great. You would be adding a worth while opinion to this thread. But if all you are doing is typing "do air purifiers" work into google and venturing as far as link number two you aren't adding a great deal.

Pretty much similar story to me. People underestimate how miserable allergies can be.... like sitting in my room with my nose just violently itching and eyes watering for no reason...

I vacuum as much as any normal person and change bedding 1-2 weeks. Changing bedding regularly does work a lot. Sometimes I change it twice a week, It depends.....

Soldato
Im not trying to proove any point and i
Never said they they dont work.

I stated that its an expensive gadget in exchange for cheap hayfever medicine and having a tiny little unit in a non sealed enclosure (room) will Be having nothing but a placebo effect in my opinion.

If you dont want my opinion then dont read it.

Also yes i suffer with hayfever and use beconase sprays

Associate
The room doesn’t need to be sealed for an air purifier to work though? The simple fact that they are on constantly means that as new particulates enter the room then a percentage of them are continually removed from the room improving the overall air quality. That’s exactly the point of them.

You are correct that a small one won’t have as much impact in a large room but just stating over and over that in your opinion they are a placebo, then linking to articles that say they work is just baffling to me.

Perhaps you should try one?

Soldato
The room doesn’t need to be sealed for an air purifier to work though? The simple fact that they are on constantly means that as new particulates enter the room then a percentage of them are continually removed from the room improving the overall air quality. That’s exactly the point of them.

You are correct that a small one won’t have as much impact in a large room but just stating over and over that in your opinion they are a placebo, then linking to articles that say they work is just baffling to me.

Perhaps you should try one?

Yep.

That's why just paying for a larger one is better in the long run like I did, even though my bedroom is small. Filters the air inside room multiple times every hour.

Soldato
got the levoit ,very strong log burner smell outside but nothing in here ,saves me dusting as well ,also i love the white noise it produces and the nightlight
lotr boxset for size idea

2dkgxmb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom