Can I cook a pizza on a BBQ?

Associate
LOL He's in a hotel, why defrost a pizza in a bag in a dishwasher and then BBQ/Grill it?

Edit. Could you not go out and get some chips or something. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Not it won't, youtube it, or listen to Heston. It's a very good way of cooking pizza as it is hotter than a conventional oven. Heat and pizza go well together. proper clay wood ovens are in the region of 400 Celsius+

Far better than microwaving it. Good god that would be terrible.

no i get that but theres no way using a bbq to make a make shift pizza stone as does it not have to be all enclosed to keep and regulate the heat all around the pizza as a posed to just the bottom of it?

Besides everyone knows BBQs are just for cooking meat! why waste any time on anything else!

Associate
Am I the only one wondering why this hotel room has a kitchen in it (and a kitchen with just a with dishwasher in it for that matter!)?

And even more worrying that the OP want's to light a BBQ in the room? :eek:

Associate
LOL

pizza.png

Soldato
Unless you have an old piece of granite to sit on top on the BBQ - no chance.

Luckily I had a 12" by 12" spare square from our kitchen worktop that made a perfect Pizza cooker to sit on top of the BBQ rails :p Was pretty dangerous though as it heats up to a massive temp & stays warm for ages.

Soldato
OP
Am I the only one wondering why this hotel room has a kitchen in it (and a kitchen with just a with dishwasher in it for that matter!)?

And even more worrying that the OP want's to light a BBQ in the room? :eek:

It's a hotel where the rooms are "suites" because I'm staying here for 3 bloomin weeks so it's nice to be able to cook for yourself and stuff!!

Soldato
OP
I should mention more about the BBQ:

It's a gas grill with those fake coals at the bottom, it's large! and it has a metal "drum" lid... i don't really have any bricks around although I could probably get foil...!

Associate
Yeah you can, my mates dad does it all the time and they're really nice.

EDIT: Their BBQ sounds like the one you have too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom