Can I get some loop maintenance advice

Associate
So I've decided I want to clean my loop up. I have bought a set of that mayhems cleaner. My question is can I just remove all the watercooling stuff and make a loop not actually connected to my pc and just run it with the mayhems cleaner to sort it out?

So i would take the the cpu block off the motherboard, take the gpu block off the gpu and then set them up next to my kitchen sink and run it for a few hours?

The loop has been together for about 18 months and if I can get away with it I don't want to take the blocks apart and scrub. Really hoping the blitz stuff makes this possible.

Soldato
for what it's worth, i recently drained my own loop after about the same length of time. i just drained out the coolant then refilled with purified water ran it for a bit, drained and repeated until the water was coming out clear. was going to dismantle the tubing and cpu block (no gpu currently in the loop)to scrub them but didn't see the need as everything appeared to be stain free.

Associate
OP
Oh yes I've got tubing and stuff in my basket. Just really don't want to get a toothbrush out and scrub it.

My cpu block has some slight cracks aswell probably from overtightening so getting an acetal 1 instead of plexi.

I can't do it in the case because it's very tight mitx. So I do need to take it out and do it I just want the cleaning to be automatic and easy.

Man of Honour
You cannot run Mayhems part 1 through a loop. That you just leave in the radiator for the specified time before emptying and thoroughly flushing before using part 2. Part 2 is supposed to be run through the loop but don't expect miracles because I have still had some gunk left in blocks after running for the maximum 24 hours. At the end of the day you are just pumping the loosened dirt around the loop and unless you have a inline filter in the loop the dirt is going to end up back in the blocks anyway. You can't beat stripping down the blocks for a proper clean.

Associate
OP
Well cpu block will be new. The gpu I hate as last time a screw or 2 got stripped so easily. Had to send it hack and get replaced but the block is old now. 2 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom