Can I legally get Sky Channels through a Firestick?

Soldato
That usb based Bluetooth transmitter I doubt would work if pugged into usb port on the TV direct, it looks like it would need the machine it is plugged into to set it up as a sound device via the devices OS which a TV may not work in the same way. But a Bluetooth transmitter which accepts a 3.5mm jack input from the TV headphones, audio RCA outputs or preferably an optical input from the TV's optical out would work. Optical would be preferred as you are unlikely to get any ground loop buzz which you may get on the headphone jack and possibly RCA outputs. You can end up with audio delay with these though depending on the telly.

Something like that. You can get cheaper Bluetooth transmitters which only have 3.5mm jacks for a tenner, but you risk ending up with ground loop buzz as above.

Associate
OP
That usb based Bluetooth transmitter I doubt would work if pugged into usb port on the TV direct, it looks like it would need the machine it is plugged into to set it up as a sound device via the devices OS which a TV may not work in the same way. But a Bluetooth transmitter which accepts a 3.5mm jack input from the TV headphones, audio RCA outputs or preferably an optical input from the TV's optical out would work. Optical would be preferred as you are unlikely to get any ground loop buzz which you may get on the headphone jack and possibly RCA outputs. You can end up with audio delay with these though depending on the telly.

Something like that. You can get cheaper Bluetooth transmitters which only have 3.5mm jacks for a tenner, but you risk ending up with ground loop buzz as above.
Yes that's the vibe I get too looking into it. I think I will just forget the idea. Im not really wanting to spend £40 to get two £20 speakers to work! I would be better off buying something different and spending a few quid but I just wanted to see if there was a solution with what I have to hand. I have the main telly, surround and a projector in the sitting room and this was just a "sound boost" option for the spare TV. I say "spare" TV but it's the one I increasingly watch as the wife and kids hog the sitting room so there may be a case to look at the whole set up in the New Year!

Back
Top Bottom