Can I lower multiplier? P5W Dh E6600.

Soldato
Wasa thinking of going for a lower multiplier and trying 450 fsb and 7x multi on my Asus P5w.

Is this possible? im at 333x9 at the mo, but using above would reduce temps.

Oh and how? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Im talking about reducing the multi to 7 instead of 9x. Am I way of here? sorry im not a massive overclocker. But this guy did it with a 6400 and I hear you can lower it but not increase multipliers on 6600s etc.

QUOTE"

I was hitting a wall at 326FSB on my E6400. Dropped the multi to 7 and like MAGIC... the temps dropped ten degrees,I was able to lower the volts to 1.232, and shot the FSB up to 450. It now runs far more stable and faster at 3.15ghz than it ever did at 2.13. Latency is down to practically NOTHING. Pi 1m in 18 seconds. I don't really even know what the hell I'm doing, and I'm sure if I had faster RAM I'd already be at 530FSB. And I still haven't even gone up to stock volts yet!

Make sure you watch your PCI-E frequencies, you never want to leave your graphics card in the hands of chance. (mine auto set to 100mhz. But I'm hardsetting it there anyway just in case.)

"UN QUOTE.

Xez

Xez

Associate
Your getting it all mixed up! the P5B can lower the multiplier, the P5W cannot. I really dont see how changing to a lower multi will reduce the temperature if its running at the same speed and volts. If hes running a high FSB the chipset will be hotter...

also in your quote he says that he doesnt have a clue what hes doing!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom