Can I place bets instead of buying a lottery ticket?

How many tickets have you been buying to manage to win 'a couple of cars'?

In short, a lot, over the past ~5 years and yet still very lucky going by the numbers. I'm well up vs spend, but certainly outside of the norm I imagine.

My friend is probably a more accurate reflection with modest spend every now and then on cars that excite him and he won a Jeep Trackhawk before I won my cars :) But likewise I have a number of friends who have bought many tickets with no luck.

Last edited:
Does anyone wonder where some of the millionaires are now, or related to someone who won big? With 2 draws per week, the lottery creates around 100 millionaires per year, which would bring it to around 3000 now after 30 years. That would be like having 1 millionaire in every major town and city in the UK.

Our family cleaner's daughter had a fiance who won a £92k share of the jackpot at his work's syndicate. That's the closest I've known anyone winning big.

I won £88 off 4 numbers, parents £105 off 4 numbers. Both old style £1 lotto.

Had £9 from a £1 scratch card and £15 from a £2 scratch card.

Before the lotto was a thing, it was the football pools and a friend's father won £1000 off that.

Never understood people who are so anti lottery. It's 3.50 CHF for a line, chances of winning are tiny but why not. No one will ever miss the money. I buy it maybe once every few weeks/month as it's amusing to joke about it in a bar etc.

Some people just too uptight about stupid things. (The same people that are probably incredibly inefficient in their salary/lifestyle etc).

Live and let live.

You're better off sticking to that and stop wasting your time. The odds of winning on lotteries are ridiculously small, and you're better off doing something else with the money. You are highly highly unlikely to manage to "beat the system", you are thinking about the wrong things to actually make any money.
You've missed pretty much every point.

Back
Top Bottom