• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can I use two PCIe cards?

Associate
I've just bought some upgrades for the rig in my sig. Specifically I've bought a new motherboard with an extra pci slot and a nice new 4u rackmount case. The new motherboard is a Asus P5LD2 Deluxe. It also features dual PCIe x16 slots (not SLI).
My question is, will I be able to put a gaming card in the second slot and use it alongside my Matrox APVe. I have a Radeon x1600 lying around that I would like to be able to use. In my current setup I have the Matrox driving three 19" LCDs. I would like to be able to hook up the Radeon to a LCD TV and use that for gaming and continue to use the three LCDs for other work.
Will these two cards work together? If so, how will the games know which display to use? If not can anyone reccomend a pair of cards that will work together to give me four displays.
Here is a pic of my current setup, the LCD TV will be wall mounted above the three LCDs, in the middle:
dawsetup.JPG

Back
Top Bottom