Can motherboards overspeed the AIO Pump

Associate
I've recently taken delivery of this machine here but I've found it to be extremely loud and when I looked into it I couldn't tell if the AIO pump was running. On further inspection the pump had been plugged into the CPU_OPT header so I changed that to the AIO Pump header and the pump came to life. The thing is at 100% the pump is running at over 3000 rpm and its quite noisy at that speed too. From what I've seen Kolink seem to suggest the pump can run up to 2600 rpm so I'm wondering if the MB is over-speeding the pump and should I adjust the curves to not exceed 2600 RPM?

Associate
Enter the bios.
Qfan stuff.
Auto tune the fans.

Also, with the pc turned in, rotate the pc in such a way that any air trapped in the waterblock/pump will be released into the rad.

Soldato
Some pumps give an incorrect rpm reading, if it's at full speed you either need to turn it down in bios or whatever fan software you use to the point you can't hear it.

Don
It can't run "overspeed", depending on how it's connected (4 pin PWM or 3 pin 12v DC, then it can only run at 100% PWM duty cycle or at 12 Volts.

It's worth double checking that the fan header you have it plugged into is also set to the correct mode i.e. PWM or DC.

As above it's likely some combination of the pump slightly faster than the "spec" of 2600RPM due to manufacturing differences, a low quality tachometer recording the rpm, and some variance in how the motherboard interprets the rpm signal.

Soldato
There's usually a rpm with a + or - % amount
Example if manufacturers say
3000 rpm +or - 10%
Could range from 2700rpm to 3300rpm

Some pump headers only run 100%
May be why they plugged it into
Cpu opt/other header
If you're building a load of systems
Saves time rather than having to check
If pump header is controllable or only does 100% speed
On that particular motherboard