Can Someone Help With AIO CPU COOLER ?

Soldato
I can see many many £50 and around cpu AIO's
Whats the difference? Which is best?

It's driving me crazy theres so many, I don't have time to copy paste everyone for the reviews
Some one please that is very savy and experienced which are the coolest and quietest or just tell me anything.....

Thank you

edit.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-hydro-h55-quiet-liquid-cpu-cooler-120mm-hs-013-cs.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...rmance-liquid-cpu-cooler-120mm-hs-039-cs.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cooler-master-seidon-240v-aio-cpu-cooler-hs-078-cm.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cooler-master-masterliquid-240-aio-cpu-cooler-hs-07d-cm.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cooler-master-masterliquid-lite-240-aio-cpu-cooler-hs-07l-cm.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/id-c...on-all-in-one-cpu-water-cooler-hs-00a-id.html

This is only half the choices..............

edit_2

I need one that installs straight to the cpu, without having to put a backplate on the motherboard, the pc is already together.

Last edited:
Soldato
The board will have to come out (unless it has an inbuilt mounting plate like X99/threadripper has)

your case should have a board cutout. The vast majority do now anyway.

With regards to the question the 120-240 is just a change in radiator size and therefore increased cooling potential.

The rest is just different brands take on an AIO with all preforming pretty similar to each other. Just go for the ones that look best to you and have decent rep like corsair, cooler master etc.

Man of Honour
I need one that installs straight to the cpu, without having to put a backplate on the motherboard, the pc is already together.
I think edit 2 rules out virtually all coolers on the market
The board will have to come out (unless it has an inbuilt mounting plate like X99/threadripper has)
your case should have a board cutout.

what they said basically.

for the price,
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £58.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

this isn't too bad

Soldato
OP
what they said basically.

for the price,
Total: £58.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

this isn't too bad

your case should have a board cutout. The vast majority do now anyway.

With regards to the question the 120-240 is just a change in radiator size and therefore increased cooling potential.

The rest is just different brands take on an AIO with all preforming pretty similar to each other. Just go for the ones that look best to you and have decent rep like corsair, cooler master etc.
I think edit 2 rules out virtually all coolers on the market
Thank you so much guys for answering

So if you could choose any cooler for around £50 which would you choose? They can't all be the same right?

I think you are right my case is pretty new, the first one i've had in 20 years of computing that is not the cheapest i could find so just assumed it wouldn't have the back cut out

Edit * Phantek eclipse 400s so yes it has a cut out

Associate
AIO coolers have different strengths so it really depends on what you are looking for and what you do i.e. do you want complete silence, do you game, do you render video, what CPU do you have, how hot does it get under air etc. etc. etc.

There are LOTS of reviews and comparisons out there so it could be worth taking an hour to research your subject to get the right cooler for you.

Soldato
OP
AIO coolers have different strengths so it really depends on what you are looking for and what you do i.e. do you want complete silence, do you game, do you render video, what CPU do you have, how hot does it get under air etc. etc. etc.

There are LOTS of reviews and comparisons out there so it could be worth taking an hour to research your subject to get the right cooler for you.

Like i said i'm looking for one that is great if i wanna overclock and as quiet as possible, a great all rounder.
i56600k @4.2ghz gets to around 70.C+ under load - mostly gaming

Soldato
OP
Is there any reason you want an AIO rather than Air? At that price point Air coolers are very good.
If you can suggest an awesome air cooler for that price point that will allow me to comfortably o.c my i56600k to 4.5ghz and is very very quiet also I would buy it now.
I currently have a cooler master something, the standard one people buy the tx 3 its ok but loud and doesn't support my overclock very well at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you can suggest an awesome air cooler for that price point that will allow me to comfortably o.c my i56600k to 4.5ghz and is very very quiet also I would buy it now.
I currently have a cooler master something, the standard one people buy the tx 3 its ok but loud and doesn't support my overclock very well at all.

Total: £51.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)

What case and motherboard do you have?

I have the Phanteks Pro M and installed this cooler without removing the motherboard.

Soldato
OP
Total: £51.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)

What case and motherboard do you have?

I have the Phanteks Pro M and installed this cooler without removing the motherboard.
Phantek eclipse 400s and g1 sniper 1151

Is the one you suggest and/or these good/better than liquid cooling?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cryo...-heatsink-with-140mm-fan-white-hs-004-cy.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-ph-tc14pe-cpu-cooler-black-hs-009-pt.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-ph-tc14pe-cpu-cooler-silver-hs-000-pt.html

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not going to fit your case unfortunately.

You only have 160mm CPU cooler clearance for the Eclipse 400s, the Brocken 3 is 165mm (the others are to big as well).

Something like the "ALPENFOHN MATTERHORN" should just fit at 158mm.

The "NOCTUA NH-D14" may fit as that is 160mm.

Can't say for definite if the Brocken 3 is as good or better than the latest AIOs, but is good.

Soldato
Also... I don't get where the opinions on "lots of different AIO coolers" is coming from...

They're pretty much all based on Asetek designs, generally also built by Asetek with whatever minor gimmick the brand wants on their spin on the OEM design.
If you compare (for example) pretty much all the 240mm designs, the entire market is about 5c apart. The whole preference for whatever AIO is generally based on misconceptions and a preference for tacky lighting over price (usual "gamer" tax).

The differences between actual AIO's is usually down to the packaged fans. Compare like for like (eg corsair h100 vs asetek 570xlx) with the same fans and you'll get basically identical performance.

Get what's cheap or whatever particular gimmick is completely indispensable in your opinion.

Link for some evidence: https://www.asetek.com/desktop/do-it-yourself/
The coolers listed are all made in the same factory, with the same (relative to size) parts and will have basically the same performance if you stick the same fans on them.

Soldato
OP
Also... I don't get where the opinions on "lots of different AIO coolers" is coming from...

They're pretty much all based on Asetek designs, generally also built by Asetek with whatever minor gimmick the brand wants on their spin on the OEM design.
If you compare (for example) pretty much all the 240mm designs, the entire market is about 5c apart. The whole preference for whatever AIO is generally based on misconceptions and a preference for tacky lighting over price (usual "gamer" tax).

The differences between actual AIO's is usually down to the packaged fans. Compare like for like (eg corsair h100 vs asetek 570xlx) with the same fans and you'll get basically identical performance.

Get what's cheap or whatever particular gimmick is completely indispensable in your opinion.

Link for some evidence: https://www.asetek.com/desktop/do-it-yourself/
The coolers listed are all made in the same factory, with the same (relative to size) parts and will have basically the same performance if you stick the same fans on them.
It's not going to fit your case unfortunately.

You only have 160mm CPU cooler clearance for the Eclipse 400s, the Brocken 3 is 165mm (the others are to big as well).

Something like the "ALPENFOHN MATTERHORN" should just fit at 158mm.

The "NOCTUA NH-D14" may fit as that is 160mm.

Can't say for definite if the Brocken 3 is as good or better than the latest AIOs, but is good.
My case is actually a P400s Phantek, if that makes any difference, I had to look up my purchase list to find it.

Than you for the air cooler suggestions, the noctua ive heard is really good and will check the alpenfohn.

What then is the best AIO for cpu with the best fans included for around £50 would be my next question mercutio?

Soldato
My case is actually a P400s Phantek, if that makes any difference, I had to look up my purchase list to find it.

Than you for the air cooler suggestions, the noctua ive heard is really good and will check the alpenfohn.

What then is the best AIO for cpu with the best fans included for around £50 would be my next question mercutio?

If you want cheapest with best performance out of the box, it's Arctic Cooling liquid freezer. Simply because they package double the number of fans. Depends if you have space for push/pull (so 25mm thick fan either side + 38mm radiator so... roughly 88mm total).
If not... hmmm, just go on price, they're all so close it (imo) doesn't really matter too much.

Get second hand and buy some vardar fans/similar to go with? Otherwise, the OcUK own brand stuff is fine and comes with a perfectly ok fan for the price. Should be one of the cheapest options. I run with an OcUK 240mm (Asetek 570lx - thinner rad) on the GPU and a second hand H100 push/pull on the CPU.

Soldato
OP
If you want cheapest with best performance out of the box, it's Arctic Cooling liquid freezer. Simply because they package double the number of fans. Depends if you have space for push/pull (so 25mm thick fan either side + 38mm radiator so... roughly 88mm total).
If not... hmmm, just go on price, they're all so close it (imo) doesn't really matter too much.

Get second hand and buy some vardar fans/similar to go with? Otherwise, the OcUK own brand stuff is fine and comes with a perfectly ok fan for the price. Should be one of the cheapest options. I run with an OcUK 240mm (Asetek 570lx - thinner rad) on the GPU and a second hand H100 push/pull on the CPU.
Thank you very much for the advice, helped a lot

Associate

That's a bit picky, Overclockers themselves of lots of AIO coolers and they look, perform, sound and cost differently. Yes probably based on a simple OEM design but it's the extras they put on to make the difference in terms of noise, cooling, looks etc.

Or should we all get the same mobos, ram, ssd's, same architecture GPU's because they perform within a few percent of each other??

Soldato
OP
That's a bit picky, Overclockers themselves of lots of AIO coolers and they look, perform, sound and cost differently. Yes probably based on a simple OEM design but it's the extras they put on to make the difference in terms of noise, cooling, looks etc.

Or should we all get the same mobos, ram, ssd's, same architecture GPU's because they perform within a few percent of each other??
Interesting, do you have a suggestion for a decent air or liquid cooler then, that is the best for this price range?

Soldato

I said it _VERY_ clearly. They DO perform within a couple of degrees of each other (compare the 240's there's a mix of sizes here)
https://www.anandtech.com/show/7738/closed-loop-aio-liquid-coolers/9

with a 340w load:

CM Nepton 280L: 25.9c
NZXT Kraken X60: 28.4c
Corsair H105: 28.4c
Corsair H110: 28.5c

Look for reviews on others... similar deal.

or here: https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/dominic-moass/aerocool-p7-l240-liquid-cooler-review/5/

Check the better performing 240mm ones. It's genuinely all a bit of a con. So close it's not worth arguing over.

That's max fan, the next is low fan. You'll notice that on the "temperature above ambient" bars... there's 3c separates the best and the worst... that's just the fans they're packaged with. Go buy the NZXT kraken if you must, convince yourself it's somehow worth double the cheapest equivalent but... it's absolutely no different performance wise (not directed at you specifically, just... that tends to be the mindset common to folks thinking there's performance differences - "no, the NZXT Kraken I got fleeced for is WAY better than that crappy Corsair" or similar is a paraphrase of a reply I get a lot).

As I said, apart from gimmicks, there's basically _NOTHING_ between them. They are made by the same OEM, in the same factory, with the same parts (minus cosmetic differences and whatever gimmicky functionality is added).

Let's agree on look (gimmicks) and maybe on sound (fans included). Perform - nah.
I completely stand by what I said, bring proof otherwise :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom