Can someone tell me how to remove the plastic casing from a samsung 959NF?

Soldato
I plan to respray it but cant work out how to get the damned case off the internal parts, and I dont really wanna spray the casing with the monitor still inside.

Looking for a way to do it asap...thanks in advance, pics will be forthcoming when the monitor is resprayed.

Associate
the back should come off fairly easy just place the moniter screen down on a towel or something else soft on the floor and undo all visable screws around the back edges of the cover. once all out try lifting it off SLOWLY and it should come off. If it gets caught on one part check for extra screws you might of missed the hey presto the back is off and ready for painting.
Now for the front, this bit is a bit more tricky. Still with the screen face down on the floor work your way around the outside of the screen itself on the inside of the casing and take out all screws that you can see are holding it in place. Once they are all out CAREFULLY try in lift the insides out of the case from underneath - ie put your hand on the front off the screen and lift up and hope the plastic stays on the floor! Again if there is any extra screws holding it in place take them out aswell and you should have all the casing off and the inside lying on you floor. put back togeather in reverse order when paint is fully hardend or you'll mark your new paint work.

WARNING DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ON THE INSIDES OF YOUR MONITER, THESE THINGS HOLD THEIR CHARGE AND YOU'LL GET MORE THAN A LITTLE TINGLE IF YOU TOUCH THE WRONG ONE.
DISASEMBLE AT OWN RISK.

Soldato
OP
Here's some pictures so you can see the problem.

removable1.JPG

removable2.JPG

removable3.JPG

No screws :/

Associate
hmm thats not so good, back must interlock onto the front :( Only thing I can think off is to try and work your was around the bottom of the moniter and slightly pri (sp) it apart and see if you can see where it clips on and see if there is any way to unclip it. Unfortunitly the chances are you'll either mark the casing and not get anywhere or you could snap the clips resulting in it not going back togeather.
So your options are
  • try to get it apart and hope not to damage it
  • sell it and get a new black moniter
  • leave it as it is and live with it
  • mask off the whole back panel off the casing and mask off the screen and just spray the front panel black (thats all you'll see when looking straight at it anyway!)

Soldato
OP
Ok...here's first shots of the work in progress resprayed monitor. The first pic is the monitor as it originally was, in original colour. The second is the newly resprayed base. Would give you some pics of the base as was, but unfortunately I forgot to take pictures!

Monitor in original (and base's original) colour:

monitororiginalcolour.JPG

As the base looks now:

newcolouredbase.JPG

newcolouredbase2.JPG

Dont mind the dust on the thing, it doesnt actually look that bad at all :)

Last edited:

pfk

pfk

Associate
What kind of spray paint are you using?

I toyed with the idea of spray painting my monitor too but i read somewhere that the heat generated by CRT monitors can cause the paint to peel over time. It may even be worthwhile sanding the monitor casing before you spray paint it and like dale1uk said, be careful you don't touch any of the capacitors (i learnt that lesson the hardway when i took the flash on my old camera apart - it hurts like a mofo).

Back
Top Bottom