CAN YOU BUY A MONKEY???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
I am being accused of taking drugs and not getting out much but you guys have responded within two minutes of posting...lol

Great response and great answers.

Seriously though I would like one. Expecially if it was the evil monkey for indiana jones. Dont eat the dates...DONT EAT THE DATES...poor monkey!

So if i was able to buy a monkey where would I get clothes for it? Ideally I would want matching clothes with mine.

Soldato
OP
Whats wrong with owning a pet monkey that dresses in clothes, I thought they all did?

Plus it makes you laugh...not enough laughing going on in the world.

I am not sure that a childrens clothes shop would work as they are quite skinny...plus i would like one that has a smoking jacket and that would just be so wrong to have a smoking jacket for a child.

Is it me or am i the only one who would like a monkey? Come on think about it, a little monkey with clothes!!!

Soldato
OP
I would bring it up properly. It would have perfect manners and only throw #### when no one was around.

He would get lots of attention and bananas. And when I go away I can leave him to look after the dog. I might even let him have the keys to the car when he passes his test.

I would be so proud when that day finally comes :D

Soldato
OP
Matblack said:
God I really hope the OP is joking

Do you know how much room a money needs? Lots
Do you know what it eats (to stay healthy)? No? Nor do I but I bet it will need a special diet
Do you know how lonely it will get without company of other monkeys? Very
Do you know how agressive some breeds can be? Very

Do you think it is sensible or fair on the animal to keep a monkey?

MB

Well to answer your questions.
1 - I have a spare room and its a double.
2 - I would get it organic foods - they do some nice yogurts.
3 - I have a computer so he can play that and when i get home we can climb trees
4 - I am a very calm person so I think i will be able to control his inner rage
5 - Better that i look after it, someone who will care for it than someone who will experiment on it.

Soldato
OP
I have no intention of angering people. I have just always wanted a monkey and was wondering how to buy one thats all.

You shouldnt really judge me on how i would treat it though as you dont know me. I might be the best monkey carer on the planet.

I am very serious about having a monkey as a pet and looking after it properly.

Do they do leather jackets for monkeys? And can I have the name of the shop that sold you those monket rollerskates?

Soldato
OP
The monkey would not be a slave. Sure he would have to help out with the washing up but he wouldnt be a slave.

He might be a monkey butler when we have guests. And no its not cruel everyone likes dressing up smartly occassionally.

And to answer the question about being lonely. We will be house sharing so he wont get lonely. Plus i have Discovery channel and there is always `friends`.

Soldato
OP
Onto a more serious note. Following your question about doing research i would like to know the following, just to prove that i am serious about being a monkey owner:

What rights does a monkey have?

Can i for instance take him into town. I know that some shops dont allow dogs but is that the same for a monkey?

Can I take him to the zoo so we can mock the other monkeys about running around naked and being in a cage?

And if i take him on the bus does he only pay half fare?

If he wants to dance/perform/entertain in the street for money do i need a licence?

Soldato
OP
~J~ said:
If you get a monkey, don't buy it any cymbels.

I hate them puppets, scare the bejeesus outta me. :(

Ok. But if i get an evil one i think they come with cymbels as standard.

By the way how old do monkeys get? As i have never seen an old monkey before.

I hope I have proven my critics wrong so far with why I want a monkey and that he will be fully taken care of. I agree that a lot of research is involved for the correct upbringing of a pet monkey(Monkey sized clothes are very hard to find).

Soldato
OP
Melm0 said:
I knew someone with a spider monkey, not sure what happened to it though.
Everynight he had a little cup of tea and a biscuit to dip in it, then it went to bed and pulled it's ickle blanket over himself.

So cute :p

Do you think I could train it to make my dinner? Obviously I would get it little gloves.

What does a spider monkey look like? Ideally I would like a organ grinding kind of monkey.

I didnt think that it would sleep in a bed. I thought maybe a parrot cage would be ok but I have a spare double bed in his room so he will love that.

Soldato
OP
fatiain said:
Don't forget you are genetically 99.9% chimp.

But then again, you're 65% bananananananana too.

I want a pet banananananana now :(

Thats probably why I want a monkey then. I think my new pet monkey and your pet banana will get along fine :D

Soldato
OP
Just to update you all on the monkey situation.

I got one in the end and we had loads of fun but we had very little in common in the end so we parted our ways.

I think he is looking for a room mate now, so if you like monkeys, watching the discovery channel 24/7 and dont mind the odd bit of monkey poo thrown across the room then get in touch and I will set you up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom