Can you cook?

Caporegime
:cry: I totally get this - get so mad when the other half makes a chilli con carne and it has all sorts thrown into it. Even if it tasted great, you can never make it again lol.

The herbs and spices make the flavour in most cases. As long as they are cooked correctly using the same method and heat then you can pretty much throw in what you want.

People who follow exact recipes never make good cooks because what happens when you have to improvise? Don't have a certain ingredient? Or want to swap out chicken for fish or halloumi? They require different types of cooking or seasoning or more of certain ingredient to pair well.

Soldato
I'd say I'm a 6 or a 7 when it comes to cooking but that's with following a recipe. Normally it's just meals for myself or me and the missus. I have cooked for 3 before and I'm being coerced into doing a bigger meal at some point but normally I use myself as a guinea pig first!

I have found myself buying more cookbooks recently to expand my menu capabilities but sometimes I find some of the more exotic ingredients aren't widely available where I am :(

Caporegime
I'd say I'm a 6 or a 7 when it comes to cooking but that's with following a recipe. Normally it's just meals for myself or me and the missus. I have cooked for 3 before and I'm being coerced into doing a bigger meal at some point but normally I use myself as a guinea pig first!

I have found myself buying more cookbooks recently to expand my menu capabilities but sometimes I find some of the more exotic ingredients aren't widely available where I am :(

cookbooks? use youtube far better

Pet Northerner
Don
cookbooks? use YouTube far better

Not always, sometimes it's nice to have written instructions to follow at a more relaxed pace, especially if you know technique. YouTube however is great for inspiration.

I pre-ordered and received yesterday Joshua Weissman's book (I enjoy his YouTube channel) which I'm looking forward to reading.

Back
Top Bottom