Can you give me any information on these please? (Bikes + Piccies)

Soldato
Does anyone know what type of frame and brakes these mountain bikes have?

Frame?
bicyclepictures001mediumqf8.jpg

Brakes?
bicyclepictures013mediumlv4.jpg

Frame?
bicyclepictures014mediumjn0.jpg

Brakes?
bicyclepictures021mediumji0.jpg

Thank you

Soldato
They look like U type brakes, i had them on my old bike. Im not sure of the frame but i think they are both quite cheap frames, as they use the old type handle bar stem. My brother is selling a similar cheap dual suspension bike and looking to get about £40 for it as they're only £100 new these days.

Mark

Soldato
eXSBass said:
Does anyone know what type of frame and brakes these mountain bikes have?

Frame?
bicyclepictures001mediumqf8.jpg

Sorry, dont know this one. X or V Frame maybe...?

Brakes?
bicyclepictures013mediumlv4.jpg

Standard Cable. U-Brakes as mentioned

Frame?
bicyclepictures014mediumjn0.jpg

Y Frame

Brakes?
bicyclepictures021mediumji0.jpg

V-Brakes

Thank you

Last edited:
Soldato
Did the images really need to be quoted twice :p lol.

Ive always felt a bit offput by the 2nd type of frame, like its ready to snap - does look good though :)

Suspended
Blue one looks alright (Cantilever brakes) just for tootling around town, but the yellow one looks a cheap n nasty £80 FS jobby, V brakes.

Associate
Yeah, the hardtail looks as if it has straddle wire cantilever brakes to me. With these brakes, whatever you do don't remove the front reflector bracket - it's really important if the brake cable were to fail. Frame wise, I'd guess it's aluminium, due to the diameter of the downtube, but that's just a guess. Otherwise, it's a bottom end, mid 1990s hardtail - nothing particularly special.

As for the full sus, it looks like a ubiquitous cheap swingarm based full sus frame. The brakes are V brakes, although I'm not sure how good they'll be. Otherwise, the whole bike is likely to be a pile of **** compared to the hardtail - too many sacrifices will have been made to get a fork and full sus frame for that price.

If I had to choose one to ride on, I'd go for the hardtail. It's going to be lighter, more comfortable, faster and more manouerable than the bouncer.

Back
Top Bottom