Associate
i didnt want to hijack the other thread, but i do have some questions

system is

ga-z77x-ud5h
16gig (4x4) vengeance 1600
kingston ssd
corsair tx750watt psu
quadro 4000
custom water cooled, i wont go in to it but...
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18472123

i don't think i want to clock my ram, and i deff don't want to clock my graphics, i dont really game, but i do 3d (solidworks) and some video editing, hence faster is better, but i also want to use it for normal pc'ing hence settings bellow

settings are

C1e and C3/6 dissabled... but this was just to stop my kernel 41 issuue

eist and temp monitor enabled, i plan on leaving it 24/7

i clocked my boost by changing the max watts and amps to 250 each and all 4 boost multipliers to 45.

vcore is still at stock, though i forget what that is, cpu-z said it was 1.140, but i dont think thats what the bios says it is

i ran prime for 6 hours and it was fine, not enough i know but i was doing it more for a heat test, it stabilised at mid 60's

questions,

why cant i have a bclk of 100.00, if i set it to 100.00 it reads as 100.10 in the bios and in cpu-z

if i set it to 99.99 it reads as 99.99.... confused

also, do you think it is worth me doing the test work to get 4.5 stable and as cool as i can, or is that just not worth it, as i would like to get 4.8... and if i have temp room... more

i did push it to 4.8, i put the max watts and amps up to 300 and upped vcore till it didnt crash, then till prime would run a bit, then untill it would run for a few hours before crashing, so its obviously too low vcore but i dont know what else i should change first so i left it at 4.5 for now.... it hit 75 76 78 75 after 2 hours of prime at 4.8... before it died

advise appreciated, cos although i am a geek, and i get all the theory.... not acctually done this before

OcUK Staff
If this is for 24/7 you dont want to rely on room temp to keep things cool. Having said this your previous temps for 4.8 on IVY where fine.

Push a touch more Vcore and see where this takes you.

Remember Prime is synthetic you wont hit these temps in everyday use anyway unless your rig folds or similar 24/7. Using your PC is a better guide than Prime to its ability to be stable for what you need it for.

Back
Top Bottom