Poll: Canadian Grand Prix 2018, Montréal - Race 7/21

Rate the 2018 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Have never seen so few overtakes. Sick of the DRS, undercut/overcut nonsense. Kimi needs to go to so at least there might be a vague chance of vettel being challenged within the team.

Permabanned
Have never seen so few overtakes. Sick of the DRS, undercut/overcut nonsense. Kimi needs to go to so at least there might be a vague chance of vettel being challenged within the team.

Rosberg says no big team wants Alonso because of his nature to introduce political intrigues in the teams he drives for.
What about Rosberg himself joining Ferrari?!

Soldato
also sick of acronyms for power plant things that have to be replaced or go wrong , you can't have an arms race when some competitors are billionaires and others have zilch.

I always watch every f1 session I can but it is seriously disappearing up its own ....

Oh and all the pretend hype at the start, even Ted was getting all shouty , Croft was diabolical.

Soldato
What about Rosberg himself joining Ferrari?!
Nah. You could tell in the Monaco piece he did (on the version on his own channel anyway) that he was loving life away from the competitive side of the sport. He's obviously aware of the occasional Ferrari rumours as even he made a joke of it in that video as I remember.

Plus he was out of breath taking the new Formula E car around Berlin (was on C5's Swiss race yesterday), so he's not exactly been keeping himself in shape, which I'm sure he would be to some extent if he was planning a comeback.

He might consider Formula E or WEC if he really misses the racing, but I'm pretty sure he's done with F1.

Ferrari's next driver will almost certainly be Leclerc, which is why they pushed so hard to have him in Sauber this year (they could have kept him in F2 for another year). Whether they're considering that for next year or not remains to be seen, but he's got to be pushing himself further and further into their thoughts - he's been utterly superb so far.

Soldato
Nah. You could tell in the Monaco piece he did (on the version on his own channel anyway) that he was loving life away from the competitive side of the sport. He's obviously aware of the occasional Ferrari rumours as even he made a joke of it in that video as I remember.

Plus he was out of breath taking the new Formula E car around Berlin (was on C5's Swiss race yesterday), so he's not exactly been keeping himself in shape, which I'm sure he would be to some extent if he was planning a comeback.

He might consider Formula E or WEC if he really misses the racing, but I'm pretty sure he's done with F1.

Ferrari's next driver will almost certainly be Leclerc, which is why they pushed so hard to have him in Sauber this year (they could have kept him in F2 for another year). Whether they're considering that for next year or not he's got to be pushing himself further and further into their thoughts.
leclerc won f2 so can't go back, if I was them, I would get Riciardo but I'm not them, I wouldn't have signed Kimi in the first place.

Permabanned
Lecrerc, if he is lucky, can develop into an F1 star but given Ferrari's history of never being able to produce world champions, something wrong might happen, too...
Thus, the need to take an established world champion, like Rosberg.

Soldato
So apparently a bird was stuck in Hamilton's wheel during Q3!

"An odd barbeque smell was apparent in the pitlane each time [Hamilton] pitted – and later the remains of a bird was discovered in a brake duct. It may have played a part in him being a tenth down. He locked up into the hairpin on both his Q3 runs. On the first of them he was quicker than Vettel up to that point.”
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/reports/f1/2018-canadian-grand-prix-report

Soldato
I don't think it would've made a difference if he was in front. He would've likely still had the engine issue to manage and be down on power. Would've been a sitting duck for the red cars

Back
Top Bottom