Poll: Canadian Grand Prix 2022, Montreal - Race 9

Rate the 2022 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Thought I'd get this one up quick with the 1 week turn around!

Montréal, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

When was the track built?

The man-made Notre Dame Island in the middle of the St Lawrence River was created for the 1967 Expo 67 World's Fair. Once the expo and the ensuing 1976 Montreal Summer Olympics had left town, some clever people decided to make a race track out of the island’s roads. And lo, the Circuit Ile Notre-Dame, as it then was, came to be.

When was its first Grand Prix?

With the Canadian Grand Prix having been in search of a permanent home for a number of years in the 1960s and 1970s, the Circuit Ile Notre-Dame first hosted the race in 1978. Fittingly, Gilles Villeneuve claimed his maiden win, at the track that would end up bearing his name.

What’s the circuit like?

The fast, low-downforce circuit is one of the drivers’ favourites. The track is quite stop-start, with lots of heavy-braking chicanes and the famous hairpin to get the anchors working hard. Out of the corners, though, the track is quick and flowing, while the most iconic piece of the circuit comes right at the end of the lap: the Wall of Champions, so-called after excursions into it from Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve and Michael Schumacher during the 1999 Canadian Grand Prix weekend.

Why go?
The Montrealais really embrace their Grand Prix weekend, with the charming city turning into an F1-loving party town in the week leading up to the race. For the Grand Prix itself, the leafy setting makes the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve one of Formula 1’s most laidback venues.

Where is the best place to watch?

It’s got to be one of either Grandstand 15, 21 or 24, the three that surround the hairpin. It makes for a real amphitheatre vibe down there, as well as allowing you to see all the hairpin overtakes.

Weekend Schedule

XnXJIhK.png

TV Schedules

Sky F1

lvRIX4H.png

Channel 4

Canadian GP Qualifying Highlights - TBC
Canadian GP Race Highlights - TBC

Track Information

j5AunH8.png

Weather Forecast (as of Sunday 12th June 2022)

my3l6y4.png

Man of Honour
OP
Usually one of the best on the calendar. Will be interesting to see how these cars cope around here. Catching the kerb just before turn 13 is likely to be even more of a one way ticket into the Wall of Champions than with the previous generation of cars.

Might get £10 on Latifi to be first in the wall, I'd probably end up paying the bookie

Man of Honour
OP
Without rain this is likely Max' to throw away today, should be a good battle behind, great to see Alonso on the front row and a shout out for Mick Schumacher as well - kept his head in challenging conditions - I hope he can get his first points today.

Man of Honour
OP
Really disappointed for Mick but a really solid weekend for him, matched Magnussen pretty much all weekend and was having a great battle with Zhou before the car gave out.

A few more performances like that and I think he'll be safe for next year, the Haas car clearly isn't as quick as it was the first few races compared to the competition. Looks like very little in the way of development/updates on that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom