Cannot access gone camera on mesh wifi

Associate
Okay. Short version of the story. Netgear wifi camera kept dropping from SkyQ router. Short amount of googling and purchased a tenda nova mw3 mesh system (basic, I know). Now camera doesn’t drop as connected to mesh but can not access from out of house (could access before mesh)
Tried forwarding ports from mesh to camera
Tried forwarding those same ports from router to mesh as well
Tried dmz on router pointing to mesh

I’m an amateur so bear with me

Any ideas?

Soldato
I guess your'e still using the SkyQ router as a router? How is the Tenda kit connected? If you're using the WAN port then swap to the LAN port.

If you're using the WAN port then you have a thing called double NAT which is a pain. At a push it's workable, you'd need to set the port forwarding on the Sky router to point at the WAN address that the Tenda kit has and then setup port forwarding from the Tenda to the camera. Much easier to keep everythong on the same LAN and have just 1 device doing the routing.

Associate
OP
Okay, hopefully the below answers you both. Thanks for replying

Skyq is acting as router
SkyQ = 192.168.0.1
Tenda nova mesh = 192.168.0.30
Netgear arlo baby camera = 192.168.5.73

Ports 80, 443, 123 with tcp&udp

Ports on mesh are forwarding to camera
Ports on SkyQ are forwarding to mesh

SkyQ router is plugged into mesh WAN/LAN port

Caporegime
The Tenda devices support a bridge mode where they will provide wi-fi but won’t add another layer of NAT to your network. Try that.

Soldato
And when you activated bridge mode did your camera (and every other device on your network) then get a .0.x address?

Associate
OP
Simply connecting through local WiFi checking it works. It does.
Then trying through 3G/4g
All performed on iphone

It worked before I went with the mesh

Soldato
I think you might need to remove any port forwarding. I assume when it was on the sky router and worked externally you weren’t port forwarding then?

Back
Top Bottom